Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iat nitrous trick

Old 05-19-2014, 05:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iat nitrous trick

Hey everyone was wondering if it is possible to do the iat timing trick for nitrous on a 2010 camaro ss. I've heard the sensor is built into the maf? Dors anybody have a wiring diagram for it that would be awesome. I'm looking to get tuned next week so the sooner the better! I've searched for hours and haven't been able to find concrete info. Thanks guys.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Doesnt matter what car it is...if its a thermistor (iat or coolant temp sensor) you can tell the computer its at whatever resistance you want. There will be a corresponding ignition timing scalar for that sensor at that temperature. You just have to know what the calibration curve of the thermistor is and then put in the desired resistance to retard or advance ignition timing. It's not going to be the same resistance for every car....the 750 ohm resistance you ask about in your other post is just what someone recommends which puts you at about 132 degrees IAT for the LS1, which on the stock calibration corresponds to about 3 to 4 degrees timing retard. You can go with a larger or smaller resistor to acheive less or more ignition retard, respectively. Hopefully this helps understand what putting that resistor in actually does now rather than just shoving a resistor in there. The resistance chosen DOES directly determine the ignition retard....its not just a matter of putting any resistor in there....

Last edited by roastin240; 06-03-2014 at 10:00 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: iat nitrous trick