Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to convert a dry kit to a wet/plate?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 01:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how to convert a dry kit to a wet/plate?

I did some searching, and I could only find a post from back in 09... here is my delema: i just picked up a dynotune dry kit cheap, but the more research i do the better the wet kit looks. and then there is the wet plate kit. so my questions are; how tough is it to convert to a wet plate kit from a dynotune dry kit? and is a plate kit that much better than a normal wet kit?

and on a side note(your opinions) dynotune vs ZEX ... I only ask because if i sold my dynotune dry kit, i have a buddy with a zex wet kit pretty cheap...

Thank you all in advance!!
Bruce
Old 06-25-2014, 08:49 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastbird02
I did some searching, and I could only find a post from back in 09... here is my delema: i just picked up a dynotune dry kit cheap, but the more research i do the better the wet kit looks. and then there is the wet plate kit. so my questions are; how tough is it to convert to a wet plate kit from a dynotune dry kit? and is a plate kit that much better than a normal wet kit?

and on a side note(your opinions) dynotune vs ZEX ... I only ask because if i sold my dynotune dry kit, i have a buddy with a zex wet kit pretty cheap...

Thank you all in advance!!
Bruce
Well, you basically need one more of everything you had. New lines, new fuel solenoid, new set of jets for the fuel side, and you'll need a wet nozzle instead of the dry one you have now. May be cheaper to try and sell what you have and pick up a universal wet system.

-Garrett
Old 06-25-2014, 06:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it true that these cars react much better to wet than dry systems? all other things being equal...
Old 06-26-2014, 08:40 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastbird02
Is it true that these cars react much better to wet than dry systems? all other things being equal...
We do sell this...

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/nxcus-...onversion.html

But as I was saying, almost cheaper just to by a whole system.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/20421-...lb-bottle.html

You can use either wet or dry nitrous with no issues, you just need to make sure the tune up is correct. The dry nitrous will require more tuning, but should perform just as well. If you have any other questions, let me know! PM if you would like forum pricing on either of those items.

-Garrett

Quick Reply: how to convert a dry kit to a wet/plate?