Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

adjustable fuel pressure regulator. ..

Old 08-14-2014, 08:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adjustable fuel pressure regulator. ..

Just got done installing an adjustable regulator on my fuel side for the nitrous. .. I am feeding it off a large 10 an t fitting of my main feed line of an a1000...

I figured I would Y the return for the regulator for the nitrous back with my return line for my motor. ... key on I got 20 lbs of pressure and it drops right off... Usually it jumps to 39 and stays there because of the inline check valve

I have to quit drinking
Anyways a case of beer later and scratching my ***** on why I cut my pressure in half I decided to run the nitrous fuel pressure regulator all the way in to block fuel and it's back to 39....

So quick question. .. buy a long piece of 6 an line and run a separate return line for my fuel pressure regulator to my tank?
Old 08-16-2014, 03:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any one?
Old 08-20-2014, 10:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems like you have a check valve for the fuel going to your rails... which won't even matter. I think it's unneeded. It also sounds like you have two bypass regulators on the same feed line: rails & nitrous. When you introduced the nitrous bypass regulator and set it at 20 psi, you created an environment that prevented the rails' bypass regulator (and check valve) from ever seeing anything above 20 psi. If you were to set your nitrous bypass regulator to 58 psi, you'd only get 39 psi. Why? Because now the rails' bypass regulator is in control. The bypass regulator set to the lowest pressure is "king." For a single feed from the tank with 2+ different fuel pressures under the hood, you should use one bypass regulator and deadhead regulators everywhere else. The bypass regulator would be set at the higher psi. Or you can use deadheads everywhere, but the fuel pump has to be up to the task of having fuel thrown back in its face. I'm not sure of the features of the A1000.

buuuut... maybe sending the return of the nitrous bypass back into the main feed isn't such a bad idea either. I never looked into that. I would only worry that you'd see 39 psi everywhere, despite the nitrous bypass regulator set at 20. The return might act as a feed.

For a while I wanted 45 psi for my nitrous system and 58+ psi for the rails and couldn't get around this same issue, but now I think I'll just go back to a dry shot.

Last edited by gi8e7oi825; 08-20-2014 at 10:16 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: adjustable fuel pressure regulator. ..