Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does this mean my noid is stuck open?

Old 08-19-2014, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does this mean my noid is stuck open?

i have recently installed a wet NX proton kit with nozzle on my c5z.
i have tested my wiring twice already and everything checks out.

When i went to test it for the first time, as soon as i oppened the bottle the car started stuttering so i shut it off real quick. tough to myself i fucked up my wiring and im sending 12v to the noids as soon as i switch my arming switch on.

But thats not the case. so i pulled my air intake off the throttle body and slightly oppened my bottle with the car off and no keys in it and it sprayed....

im guessing my brand new solenoid is stuck open? very happy i didnt blow my intake open when it sprayed the first time whit engine running, kinda wasting my bottle testing this pos the fuel noid isnt spraying unwantedly tough, my tank would be empty by now and it would smell like crazy

if this can be of any help, im using nx wot switch with msd window switch

Last edited by BlueAndWhite; 08-19-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Did it spray nitrous or fuel? Or both?
Old 08-19-2014, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
Did it spray nitrous or fuel? Or both?
only nitrous or else fuel would always be spewing and would have the obvious smell.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:27 PM
FormerVendor

Do you think there might be some trash in the solenoid? Are you running a nitrous filter? If thats not the problem, a quick google search will show you that other people are experiencing similar issues with those solenoids.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Do you think there might be some trash in the solenoid? Are you running a nitrous filter? If thats not the problem, a quick google search will show you that other people are experiencing similar issues with those solenoids.
i dont think that is the problem as the set up has never ran before and has always been taped shut when the line weren't connected. but i am not running a filter so how would one go about finding out trash in his solenoid and cleaning it?

il google a bit later going to the track... all motor lol
Old 08-19-2014, 03:43 PM
FormerVendor

You will need to disassemble the solenoid and see if there is any trash under or around the piston. Also, are you running teflon tape or paste?
Old 08-20-2014, 02:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I like nx but those proton setups are junk. mine and my buddys failed in no time. we now have the normal separate solenoids. no more issues.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:21 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueAndWhite
i have recently installed a wet NX proton kit with nozzle on my c5z.
i have tested my wiring twice already and everything checks out.

When i went to test it for the first time, as soon as i oppened the bottle the car started stuttering so i shut it off real quick. tough to myself i fucked up my wiring and im sending 12v to the noids as soon as i switch my arming switch on.

But thats not the case. so i pulled my air intake off the throttle body and slightly oppened my bottle with the car off and no keys in it and it sprayed....

im guessing my brand new solenoid is stuck open? very happy i didnt blow my intake open when it sprayed the first time whit engine running, kinda wasting my bottle testing this pos the fuel noid isnt spraying unwantedly tough, my tank would be empty by now and it would smell like crazy

if this can be of any help, im using nx wot switch with msd window switch

Did you buy this new from us? There should be a filter in the inlet fitting on the nitrous solenoid to prevent it from catching trash and hanging up. If you want to send the box into us we would be happy to take care of you. You can shine a flashlight in the inlet fitting on the box, there should be a filter down in there if you bought it new from us. Without filters it could definitely cause your solenoid to hang open if something gets caught up in the piston. (Debris from the mother bottles etc.)

-Garrett
Old 08-21-2014, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
Did you buy this new from us? There should be a filter in the inlet fitting on the nitrous solenoid to prevent it from catching trash and hanging up. If you want to send the box into us we would be happy to take care of you. You can shine a flashlight in the inlet fitting on the box, there should be a filter down in there if you bought it new from us. Without filters it could definitely cause your solenoid to hang open if something gets caught up in the piston. (Debris from the mother bottles etc.)

-Garrett
I bought a brand new package from a supplier.
was all sealed (had the sealing sticker on the side)
I will go chec it with a flash light and get back to you asap.
You will need to disassemble the solenoid and see if there is any trash under or around the piston. Also, are you running teflon tape or paste?
i am not using any tefflon on my lines, only have some on my pressure gauge.

this is an actual pic of wat i received

Last edited by BlueAndWhite; 08-21-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:37 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueAndWhite
I bought a brand new package from a supplier.
was all sealed (had the sealing sticker on the side)
I will go chec it with a flash light and get back to you asap.

i am not using any tefflon on my lines, only have some on my pressure gauge.

this is an actual pic of wat i received
Can you give me a call sometime today? I have a couple things I want to run by you so we can get you taken care of. 940-767-7694

-Garrett

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: does this mean my noid is stuck open?