Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feedback wanted on Progressive Controller

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 10:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback wanted on Progressive Controller

I'm looking for some real world feedback on the Nx Maximizer 4. I've played with the software, and read all I can read about it. All in all, this thing seems as legit as one can be. I would love for some actual track reviews on this thing. This would be my first controller, so any review, real world experience would be awesome!

My car went 6.47@106.8 on a 52N/28F jet. I plan to throw a solid 200-250 at the Stock bottom end, but I want a progressive unit to control the hit...

Thanks in advance!

(Side note- I understand the risks involved with big shots on stock bottom ends. We don't need to fill this thread, making sure I understand. I get it..lol)
Old 10-29-2014, 11:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in for info also. I want to see this piece in action!
Old 10-29-2014, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

I've had nothing but problems with mine. NX had me ship it back to them, this Friday they will have had it for two weeks for testing.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1 Power Plant
I've had nothing but problems with mine. NX had me ship it back to them, this Friday they will have had it for two weeks for testing.
Awe man, that's no good. What were your issues? Elaborate a little if you could.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:59 PM
Launching!

Nos mini is ur best bet in all honesty. I myself refuse to use a progressive controller. There just Band-Aids to fix a suspension problem. Not to mention not many of us make enough power to really need it.. When u make the power atvracer was then yes u need either a progressive or multiple stages .Ive already got two people on this site to take them off there cars and helped them setup there suspension. One of them is a full weight f body cam only nitrous setup and he is 60ft high 1.2s on radials now.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:32 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1 Power Plant
I have been working with you constantly to try and help you get this issue resolved. We will do anything we need to take care of our customers. And the issue you are having is not common at all. It is actually the first time I have ever heard of this problem. Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing you, but we are working as quickly as we can to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Garrett
Old 10-30-2014, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

I purchased the controller for MPH progression, as it’s a street car and I only want progressive control from a dig and full power from a roll. I wanted to get away from having to switch config files around on the progressive controller, it seemed like the Max 4 with progressive via MPH was a good match. With MPH enabled in the controller when I go to arm the system the nitrous and fuel solenoids will activate for a few seconds, even though they shouldn't. If I disable MPH in the software and set it to either time based or RPM based progressive I can arm the system whenever and the controller will not activate the solenoids.

The other issue has been at full power. After the progressive build and while at 100% power the vehicle will surge, for lack of a better term. The NX controller has a harness along with 4 wires coming out of the controller, two of the wires are the grounds going to the solenoids, the other two wires are the grounds for the controller. I can remove the controller from the vehicle and connect those four wires, in doing so the arming switch now becomes the activation switch. I can manually activate the nitrous system with the controller out and there is no surging. With my old progressive controller I never had any issues with surging.

Originally Posted by FEAR LS
Awe man, that's no good. What were your issues? Elaborate a little if you could.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

You have been Garrett and I thank you. I am just starting to get frustrated. We have been going back and forth on the issues going back to September 17th. With tomorrow being Friday you will have had the controller for 2 weeks and there still doesn't seem to be any answers. Again I appreciate your help, I just want it to work as it should, while not taking much more time.

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
I have been working with you constantly to try and help you get this issue resolved. We will do anything we need to take care of our customers. And the issue you are having is not common at all. It is actually the first time I have ever heard of this problem. Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing you, but we are working as quickly as we can to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Garrett
Old 10-30-2014, 12:38 PM
10 Second Club

Good stuff. Why doesn't NX just send you a new one? No down time. While they research whats happening with yours. Just my opninon, I know nothing of the situation. I'm still very interested to hear more feedback from this unit.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Lingenfelter NCC-002 is what I am running.

It is the most powerful progressive on the market.

I've been 1.18 60's and 5.06@140 using it. The software is great, you get 3 programs you can change on the fly, independent fuel and nitrous control. Good for 2 stages.

Definately worth every penny
Old 11-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Launching!

I use the NOS Mini on my coupe, .130 jet in a single entry plate. 1.26 sixty foot on First Gen Mickey 275/60 radials in Ultra Street trim at 3100 lbs. It has a lot of features for a cheap controller. While you can only set a straight line ramp time vs some other controllers that you can progress to a certain point, then hold that point, then progress again, but it seems to work well for me. Once I get a programmable ignition box and can ramp timing, I suspect I can dip that sixty foot down to the bottom 1.2, maybe even high 1.1x.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:42 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATwelveSec02Z28
The Lingenfelter NCC-002 is what I am running.

It is the most powerful progressive on the market.

I've been 1.18 60's and 5.06@140 using it. The software is great, you get 3 programs you can change on the fly, independent fuel and nitrous control. Good for 2 stages.

Definately worth every penny

Originally Posted by White90GT
I use the NOS Mini on my coupe, .130 jet in a single entry plate. 1.26 sixty foot on First Gen Mickey 275/60 radials in Ultra Street trim at 3100 lbs. It has a lot of features for a cheap controller. While you can only set a straight line ramp time vs some other controllers that you can progress to a certain point, then hold that point, then progress again, but it seems to work well for me. Once I get a programmable ignition box and can ramp timing, I suspect I can dip that sixty foot down to the bottom 1.2, maybe even high 1.1x.
Thanks for the info guys. The NCC-002 is a great piece, however that price tag is a little high for me which is why I was trying to justify the purchase with some reviews on the Maximizer 4. Those are some great times by the way.

The NOS mini has been a consideration as wel. A lot of people use it, and have had good success with it as well.

My personal goal is 5.9X's with my car. I'm around 3300lbs.. Current best is a 6.47@106.8 with a 1.43 60' on a 52N 28F Jet. However, I'm stock bottom end and once I throw the heavier shot (200-250) at it, I would like it to last more than a couple passes lol So, thats where this progressive setup come into play.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

Edelbrock Progressive here, works excellent and very simple to use.
9.41@143mph with 1.34 60foot, on stock bottom end 6.0L @3400lbs.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Launching!

i use the nos launcher and had for 2 years on 2 diff cars. works great but my buddy bought the nos maximizer and i like its functions better. but both r great.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

I am looking to buy also. Is the Mini 2 the only one that pulls timing?
Old 11-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FEAR LS
Thanks for the info guys. The NCC-002 is a great piece, however that price tag is a little high for me which is why I was trying to justify the purchase with some reviews on the Maximizer 4. Those are some great times by the way.

The NOS mini has been a consideration as wel. A lot of people use it, and have had good success with it as well.

My personal goal is 5.9X's with my car. I'm around 3300lbs.. Current best is a 6.47@106.8 with a 1.43 60' on a 52N 28F Jet. However, I'm stock bottom end and once I throw the heavier shot (200-250) at it, I would like it to last more than a couple passes lol So, thats where this progressive setup come into play.
Half a second in the 1/8 at your level is a pretty big jump and may take more nitrous than you think, especially if you are wanting to progress it off the line. Nitrous biggest advantage is being able to hit it hard off the line, so if you progress it too much you don't get the big gains like you would on a hard hit.

I'm spraying a single .130 jet in my plate and I'd guess my car runs around a 6.teen to 6.20 on motor with a "nitrous" converter. 5.46@128 on the nitrous progressed all in by 1.1 seconds. With about 1500-2000 more stall, I could probably go 5.90 on motor maybe a little faster.

Basically what I'm saying is once you get to high 9s, you have to earn every .1 after that, it takes a lot more power to go faster.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by White90GT
Half a second in the 1/8 at your level is a pretty big jump and may take more nitrous than you think, especially if you are wanting to progress it off the line. Nitrous biggest advantage is being able to hit it hard off the line, so if you progress it too much you don't get the big gains like you would on a hard hit.

I'm spraying a single .130 jet in my plate and I'd guess my car runs around a 6.teen to 6.20 on motor with a "nitrous" converter. 5.46@128 on the nitrous progressed all in by 1.1 seconds. With about 1500-2000 more stall, I could probably go 5.90 on motor maybe a little faster.

Basically what I'm saying is once you get to high 9s, you have to earn every .1 after that, it takes a lot more power to go faster.
Good points. I currently run the car on the 52N 28F jets (About a 125 shot for my setup), and I leave with all of it once the light hits green and no issues what so ever. I plan to leave on a full 150 shot and immediately ramp in another 50,75, or even 100. The only reason for progression at this point is because stock bottom end.. if that wasn't the case I would hit this thing with everything it could hold traction with.

So with an extra 125-150hp going to this thing. I assumed I would get close to my goal. That's why I set the goal where I did, because I know getting there with this particular setup will be a challenge. Once I reach it, I will have something to be proud of.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the 5.99 goal could be achievable. You dead hooked your 6.47 run, so if we can get 0.10 at least off the sixty foot, and your mph will obviously go up as well, that may be a pretty close recipe to breaking in to the 5's. I guess we will find out soon enough, huh?

Quick Reply: Feedback wanted on Progressive Controller