Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So, what does happen when a nitrous bottle explodes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 10:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SDB
I thought bottles could only blow up on rice cars if a chinese gang on motorcycles shoots up the car with Mac-10's ....guess I was wrong...this poor Maxima guy didn't even have Vin Diesel to yell "Naws!" Poor guy, I sure hope NX buys him everything he wants, like a vtech turbo ********** or whatever he may want.
i had a hugh argument with some friends at work when we watched that movie. i was tring to explane to them that nirtous was not flamable buy it self and that the pressure release system would off blow of first. they hughly disageed and said that it would ignite like fuel by itself. i just shut up and let then beleave that. this picture proves that it can blow up a car with just the pressure that it has but did not provied enough heat to ignite the car and house on fire.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by taqwache
i had a hugh argument with some friends at work when we watched that movie. i was tring to explane to them that nirtous was not flamable buy it self and that the pressure release system would off blow of first. they hughly disageed and said that it would ignite like fuel by itself. i just shut up and let then beleave that. this picture proves that it can blow up a car with just the pressure that it has but did not provied enough heat to ignite the car and house on fire.

I think that N20 requires around 572*f to have the nitrogen separate from the oxygen. After that happens it is very flammable.Before that its alot like very cold air.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:38 PM
TECH Resident

pffft I've given up trying to explain all the crap in F&F ... It's just a movie.... people try to read waaaaaaaaaay too much into that crap.... reminds me of a story I read

Kevin Sorbo (played Hercules on tv) was at the gym working out... this guy comes up to him and says "Hey aren't you supposed to be the strongest man on Earth??? I'm lifting more than you..." Kevin looks at him and says "you do realize that's T.V. right..."

LOL
Old 06-01-2004, 10:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheatin' Chad
I think that N20 requires around 572*f to have the nitrogen separate from the oxygen. After that happens it is very flammable.Before that its alot like very cold air.
but wouldnt you think that the fact it is pressureized, it would require more?
Old 06-02-2004, 06:32 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by taqwache
but wouldnt you think that the fact it is pressureized, it would require more?

As I was typing that I was wondering if it being under pressure would affect it. I can't say for sure.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cheatin' Chad
Why on earth would he do this? How could he even do this?

I have an NX bottle in my car and to install the blowdown tube I have to remove the original pressure release and replace it with the one that came from the NX upgrade kit.

This guy is obviously clueless.Did he not get instructions with the kit?
Clueless or not, being a newbie myself, I can see it happening. When I got my NX bottle, I removed the pressure release fitting too, but the burst disk stayed in the hole. I didn't know there was anything in there until it fell out. If I were in a hurry, I would've just screwed in the bd tube & never been the wiser. Scary...
Old 06-03-2004, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1M Author
Clueless or not, being a newbie myself, I can see it happening. When I got my NX bottle, I removed the pressure release fitting too, but the burst disk stayed in the hole. I didn't know there was anything in there until it fell out. If I were in a hurry, I would've just screwed in the bd tube & never been the wiser. Scary...

Ok, I can see that happening under those circumstances.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:08 AM
Staging Lane

Most mistake like this happens when people do not fully read or understand the instructions. You can install every saftey item know to man but if you dont read the instruction it will bight you in the ***. Just my thoughts but this guy most have been looking for something. The written post (story) on line has been changed several times.