Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First gear lock out options

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 10:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First gear lock out options

What options are out now for first gear lock out on an auto window switches or just progressive controllers?
Old 10-22-2015, 09:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give AJ at Nitrous Outlet a call to go over options on this but i do believe that the Lingenfelter Nitrous Controller has the ability to do this.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:57 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to many window switches have the first gear lockout anymore, but some of the progressive controllers out there do still offer a first gear lockout. Our Max4 progressive still has the first gear lockout option.

-Chris
Old 10-22-2015, 01:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
Not to many window switches have the first gear lockout anymore, but some of the progressive controllers out there do still offer a first gear lockout. Our Max4 progressive still has the first gear lockout option.

-Chris
Thanks I have seen earlier versions of the maximizer and looks like a great product but I was looking for something that wasn't as exspensive. For guys just running a single stage small shot that's a big price differance. If the shot gets bigger that's a great option.

Any reason why they don't have window switches anymore with first gear lock out is it just r&d cost?
Old 10-22-2015, 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A second (cheaper) option ive seen is to put a microswitch on their shifter so when you pull it all the way down into 1st gear it will trigger the switch and send power to a relay killing the signal for the nitrous arming.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:31 PM
Teching In

The Daytona Sensors NC-1 is a single stage, non progressive controller that you can setup for a 1st gear LO. You can probably get it for $200 off feebay.

I'm been running the NC-2 for a couple years and it's a very good controller, you will need to run the wiring as it doesn't have a pre-made harness but that's easy enough.

You will need a laptop to program it.

Old 10-22-2015, 09:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by drive_55_not
The Daytona Sensors NC-1 is a single stage, non progressive controller that you can setup for a 1st gear LO. You can probably get it for $200 off feebay.

I'm been running the NC-2 for a couple years and it's a very good controller, you will need to run the wiring as it doesn't have a pre-made harness but that's easy enough.

You will need a laptop to program it.

Checked it out no mention of first gear lock out on the site have you used it for this before?
Old 10-23-2015, 07:46 AM
Teching In

Yes,, You can set it up for the 1st gear lockout on the setup screen, set your max/min rpm's and the unit wont fire the nitrous till the rpm drops on the shift.

I've tried that but found using the one shot timer function nets better ET's. You setup the controller parameters and check the One Shot Delay box [if you don't select the one shot the nitrous will delay after each shift], put a delay time in, I normally use .25sec to get moving, and the nitrous will fire XXX time after you pass the minimum rpm selected.

http://www.daytona-sensors.com/downl...structions.pdf

One good thing about the Daytona unit's is they will also do some basic data logging, They'll capture two wideband inputs, battery voltage, TPS voltage, RPM's, stage active and speed.

The unit has a GPIO port [goes to ground when active] that can be used to light a shift light or something else, I use it to ground a little 12v buzzer ... even though I have a bright *** shift light, I rarely see the thing lit during the day but I can hear the buzzer.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:14 PM
12 Second Club

Dosent look like any sponsors make something like this may have to try and make one if a big shot isn't going to be used to warrant a progressive controller.

Quick Reply: First gear lock out options