Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E85 and plate jet questions efi

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 08:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E85 and plate jet questions efi

On first question can I run e85 in my stand alone and 93 in the reg tank. Or should I keep running 110 in the stand alone. Hate having to go hour a way to get some 110. Then it sits as I don't use that much really.

Now on plate jet questions. Why does nx 90 mm plate say .073 for a 200 hit and NO .078. Does the nx plate flow that much better. .072 is a 175

Then what jet would be a 25 hit. On a 2nd stage. Don't ask why so small just need it lol.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:34 AM
FormerVendor

You can mix the fuels, but I would advise against it. Mixing them can really make it difficult to tune since you are looking for different characteristics of the plugs. For example, with gas you're looking for a fuel ring, but with E85 you're looking for a color change. Also, the E85 will wash your plugs and make it difficult to see what your fueling is doing.

The reason different companies use different jets for the same HP is because we use different N/F ratios, and the HP are calculated differently. On a plate, you could use a real low hit, but it'd all depend on your fuel pressure. If your using stock fuel pressure I wouldn't recommend going below 50 on a plate.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Launching!

Never fooled with s85 but we not have it locally. Started to switch the whole car but with nitrous I don't know it it's worth it. As I just now getting comfortable with reading plugs. Did t k ow it was that diff. Ty that really cleared it up.

I see what ur saying now on the jet stuff. Right now I'm running 2 fuel jets smaller on the .070 jet. .034 fuel And 45 psi from my fuel cell and it still looks pretty fat to me. But don't want to change it till I let another nitrous guys look at it. I was wanting to run a dual kit. Like 175 on one and 25-35 on the 2nd. Fix it were I can run either or or both. As last weekend in a very important grudge race the extra hit would of helped me. Got beat at the tree and was ahead 1/8 mile but the turbo car pulled me about 5-8 last 1/8 mile. I was wanting a small hit like that for those all motor races lol. Something that not big enough to notice. Most of the time I'm having to race boosted cars and they want me on motor. My car with a tight stall and a 2.56 gear I need some help off the line. That 25-35 hit would be nice lol

Quick Reply: E85 and plate jet questions efi