Sponsored by:

FPSS Issues, help adjusting.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 12:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FPSS Issues, help adjusting.

Guys,

I have a Nitrous Outlet Plate kit along with a Fuel Pressure Safety Switch. When dyno tuning my car a few weeks ago we had issue getting the nitrous to kick on. It was easily determined it was my FPSS switch. We ended up bypassing it so we could get the car tuned and everything from there out went smooth.

I now want to get my FPSS functioning properly before going to the track in a more or less non controlled environment. From what I understand per the instructions from Nitrous Outlet I need a Fuel Pressure gauge to adjust it properly. Looking at my setup where am I going to add a fuel pressure gauge to determine this since my Schrader port is being used? Do I need to somehow isolate the FPSS to determine its opening pressure? Also I'm not too familiar with the returnless style fuel system (LS2 GTO), but from what I've been told you can't go by the fuel pressure at key on because is doesn't hold steady. If that is the case, how am I going to determine is system activate without making 50 WOT hits to see if it works? Also to complicate things further I'm running a NOS Mini Progressive Controller tapped into my DBW TB.

Can someone help me clear this up or tell me what I need to buy to make this happen? I'd really like to make it to the track this weekend and get some numbers.

Thanks.

Old 10-19-2015, 11:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey Shawn,
I just emailed you over the instructions on setting the FPSS.

Thanks!
Old 10-19-2015, 01:24 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In case others are looking for the info:

FPSS adjustment...
To adjust, remove rubber plug form the top of switch. Insert the proper hex wrench, turn clockwise to increase set point, counterclockwise to decrease the setting.

-Chris
Old 10-19-2015, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

Guys,

Thanks for the help, however I have a hard copy of the instructions here but they don't answer any of the questions above.

Still stuck on this one. Anyone help me walk through this further?
Old 10-19-2015, 03:19 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Your best bet if you have the equipment to do so would be to hook the FPSS up to an air compressor then adjust the regulator to 45-50psi and with a test light or multi meter hooked up adjust the FPSS till you see the light cut off and you should be good to go.

Other than that would be to have the car running and the system activated flowing through the plate etc.. and then adjust the switch till you see the fuel sputter out of the plate then adjust the switch back about 3/4 to a full turn counter clockwise and it should be set ok. The best way and less hassle would be set it via an air compressor.

-Chris
Old 10-20-2015, 08:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
Your best bet if you have the equipment to do so would be to hook the FPSS up to an air compressor then adjust the regulator to 45-50psi and with a test light or multi meter hooked up adjust the FPSS till you see the light cut off and you should be good to go.

Other than that would be to have the car running and the system activated flowing through the plate etc.. and then adjust the switch till you see the fuel sputter out of the plate then adjust the switch back about 3/4 to a full turn counter clockwise and it should be set ok. The best way and less hassle would be set it via an air compressor.

-Chris

Thanks, I have an air compressor to do this. Definitely be the easiest.

I assume most LS2 guys use 45-50 PSI for an adjustment point? I know very little on these return less setup.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Set mine to 45psi on the bench using compressed air.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:05 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

45-50 will be a fine set point to go off of.

-Chris
Old 11-04-2015, 07:27 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Honestly, if you have any aftermarket pump in the car at all, do yourself a favor and dump the thing. I have had more people have issues with those stupid things over the last 10 years than I care to even think about. I haven't put one on a car in 8 years now and have installed countless systems.... do yourself a favor, if you don't have a racetronix pump and hot wire system in the car, put one in. That single pump will support 9 second power with nitrous. Just a safer way to go about it.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:26 PM
10 Second Club

meh, I like my walbro 450
Old 11-06-2015, 03:38 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Anything I just use the racetronix kit as an example. Just upgrade the pump and put a hot wire to it so you have a good power source to run the pump off of... and take the FPSS and put it in the garbage can.

Quick Reply: FPSS Issues, help adjusting.