Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E85 and carb plate system

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 10:21 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default E85 and carb plate system

I have a 5.3 in a boat on a current 150 shot that im running 110 while spraying.

I am looking into swapping over to E85, as you can imagine a boat goes through a lot of fuel. The money savings could be substantial.

I found most of the information im looking for pertaining to the carb/fuel system. But im not finding much on the nitrous side of things.

Currently i run a NOS cheater system jetted 63n/56f. For the same size of shot what would/should my jetting look like (ballpark)? Im guessing a 63/59? But thats from the limited amount of information ive found, and seems to be about a 4 jet spread for e85.

I DO have a wideband, and will replace the sensor if i start running e85. It seems to read a little off with the 110 going through it

What about spark plugs? Still stick with a BR6EF?

I read conflicting reports of fuel lines. I am running the black braided nylon lines, i think i have to change these over to the PTFE hose, but im not sure.

Any information anyone can provide would be great.

thanks
Old 05-04-2016, 03:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For plugs I would run BR7EF's. Fuel lines it depends on what brand they are and if they are compatible with E85 or not. You can take a look at our jet chart to give you an idea of what the differences are between Gas and E85. E85 you will add 15-20% more to the recommended jet. The link to our jet chart is below. Let me know if you have any other questions. -Matt

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/jetting-charts/#C1

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 05-04-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:12 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
For plugs I would run BR7EF's. Fuel lines it depends on what brand they are and if they are compatible with E85 or not. You can take a look at our jet chart to give you an idea of what the differences are between Gas and E85. E85 you will add 15-20% more to the recommended jet. The link to our jet chart is below. Let me know if you have any other questions. -Matt

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/jetting-charts/#C1
Thank you, I called the store i bought the hose from, and was told "a year or two"

With that said, ill be changing them out this winter when i do the conversion. Any preferred brand of hose?

Also, am i still shooting for roughly the same AFR with E85?

Quick Reply: E85 and carb plate system