Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous TA and other questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 12:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous TA and other questions

I have a 2000 Trans Am and i am looking to put a 150 shot in it and would like to know what company you recommend and the switches/safety things i should get as well. i have a slp loudmouth 1 catback exhaust and have heard that long tube headers are not a good combo with them but i would like to get some LT headers and a offroad y pipe maybe. what should i do as far as upgrading my exhaust? Thanks. And its a street car with once in a while runs down the strip.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Are you a manual or automatic?

In regards to what company to choose, you've got two great companies to choose from; Nitrous Outlet and Nitrous Express. Both offer great systems and accessories, both offer tremendous customer support, both companies stand behind their products, and both companies are active on this forum. I'm not sure you'll hear a customer say one back thing about either company after doing business with them.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:35 PM
Teching In

it is an automatic
Old 08-02-2016, 12:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Blow down tube, FPSS, purge, and some type of nitrous controller (NOS Mini, NX Maximizer 4, etc.) would be a good start.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:49 PM
Teching In

thanks a lot!
Old 08-02-2016, 12:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

You're gonna need to pull some timing as well. I use the LNC-2000
Old 08-02-2016, 12:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
You're gonna need to pull some timing as well. I use the LNC-2000
Very true. Unless you have EFI Live or HP Tuners and have the ability to hook up the laptop when you're going to be running nitrous, having a LNC-2000 is your best bet. You could also look for a used Harris Speedworks Interface controller. It has the capability to pull timing, as well as these other features. It's no longer made, but you'll see them occasionally on here in the classified section:

About the interface-
Introducing the world's first Air to Fuel nitrous controller; The HSW Interface. With The Interface controller you can now easily fine tune your air to fuel mixture without the hassle of swapping fuel jets or worrying about the nozzle placement in relation to the MAF sensor on your dry nitrous system. In addition to full control of your A/F curve The Interface can also retard timing when your nitrous system is active, so you can now run full timing NA and make max horsepower & torque and then safely and easily pull timing when your nitrous system is activated. Unlike some other timing controllers The Interface will show the timing being pulled when using a scan tool, so no more worrying if the timing is actually being pulled. The Interface can be easily installed into a pre-existing nitrous system and includes a pre-made wire harness for a simplified installation

Examples of Using The Interface:
-Running a Dry Direct Port
-Running a Dry Nozzle after the MAF Sensor (or before the MAF Sensor in a poor location)
-Running a Dry Plate Kit
-Adding fuel to a Wet Direct Port Kit (instead of wasting time changing fuel jets around)
-Adding a little extra fuel to a Wet Kit to cure any "Lean Spikes" upon kit activation

How Does The Interface Work?-
The Interface makes Air to Fuel adjustments using your Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor. Simply program The Interface as to what size shot you are running (adjustable from 5 HP to 315 HP in 5 HP increments). Full control over the A/F curve is now possible, allowing fuel to be added or subtracted. Timing control is done with the vehicles IAT Sensor. The Interface has a built in Diagnostics Mode & Safety Features. If the Interface detects anything wrong with the MAF Sensor it will not allow the nitrous system to become operational and trigger a Service Engine Soon (SES) light until the issue is resolved.

Feature Set of The Interface:
-Air to Fuel Control
-Timing Retard
-Top End Engine RPM A/F Correction (Addition & Subtraction)
-12 Volt or Ground Trigger (for easy integration into a pre-existing N2O system)
-Adjustable Delay feature to prevent an initial "Overly Rich" condition (Rich Spike)
-Built in Safety Features & Diagnostic Mode
Old 08-02-2016, 01:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you're looking to do a 150 shot, I would recommend going with our ls1 78mm plate kit.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/gm-78mm...te-system.html
I have a personal friend with an all gm parts build on his ls1 TA making 608 to the tire on a 150 pill.

A purge kit is a great investment, it allows you to make consistent hits by removing air from the lines, it also helps prevent rich spike on the hit. It will aslo vent excess pressure to keep the bottle pressure where it should be.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/nitrous...purge-kit.html

I would recommend a window switch,or progressive controller. A window switch allows you to set the spray to a specific rpm window. Example 3000-5800 only at WOT. And a progressive, expands on that allowing you to slowly introduce your hit, keeping traction on launch.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/electro...ow-switch.html

The Lingenfelter lnc200 is another recommendation, it allows you to pull timing while keeping the n/a tune at optimal timing. This saves you from needing two tunes or when you want to play with your setup, you won't need a retune every time. This controller also comes with a 2-step built in.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/electro...ontroller.html

A bottle heater is another great way to ensure you have a consistent hit every time.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/nitrous...cessories.html

If you want a clean look for your switches, we have a switch panel for the fbody ashtray.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/nitrous...to-camaro.html

Keep in mind we also make wiring harnesses to your specification also, 499.99

We also have a remote bottle opener, so you never have to leave the driver seat.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/nitrous...le-opener.html

We also have tons of other accessories, such as gauges, more switch panels, billet bottle brackets, ect.

If you need anything else, or want to talk to anyone in person, feel free to call 866-648-7637 anytime mon-fri 8:30-5:30 central time. My personal ext. is 111, or you could just ask for Shane!
Old 08-02-2016, 01:51 PM
Teching In

Thank you guys so much! I will definitely have to get in touch with you Shane!
Old 08-02-2016, 02:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anytime! Look forward to hearing from you soon! I may have forgotten to mention that through the month of August we are doing a 10%off sale on all Nitrous Outlet products!

Shane.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the size shot your looking at spraying you could also go with a single nozzle setup. There are a ton of LS guys running 150hp shot on a nozzle with great results.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/20920-...lb-bottle.html

-Chris

Quick Reply: Nitrous TA and other questions