Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LNC-2000 Help.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LNC-2000 Help.

I am using the LNC-2000 only to retard timing when using Nitrous. In addition to the LNC-2000 I am using the Maximizer 4 for my controller. My local builder installed and wired all of my nitrous setup and I think that I might have an issue with how it has been wired.

1. I noticed that my LNC-2000 is always on. It does not power on and off with my nitrous arming switch. Is this correct?

2. I also noticed that my LNC is only activated (Green Light Flashing) when I press in the clutch. The green light will turn off when the clutch is not depressed. I can't imagine that this is correct. Shouldn't it be setup to activate when my Maximizer 4 is powered on.

Some additional info. Green wire is connected to clutch switch and the orange wire is connected to Pink wire from the Maximizer 4 unit. Based on the instructions, I believe that this is correct. However, I don't think that the LNC should be turning on when the car is started. If this is the case, is the LNC pulling time every time the car is started or does the LNC not actually become activated until I arm the Maximizer 4.

Maybe this is correct but I don't think so.

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited by lamboworld; 03-31-2017 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

You can read through the instructions here they have various wiring diagrams towards the bottom.

http://nitrousoutlet.com/media/techd...structions.pdf

When I wired mine up I kept it simple. I just wired it to the nitrous on/off toggle switch. Switch off no timing retard switch on timing pulled.
Old 04-02-2017, 02:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You should wire the trigger wire to the solenoid so that way it only pulls timing when the solenoid is activated.
The following users liked this post:
98cherrySS (10-27-2019)
Old 04-05-2017, 02:16 PM
FormerVendor

Is the light blinking fast, medium, or slow? If it's blinking slow, that means that only Launch control is activated, which would make sense if your clutch is pushed in (2-step activated). If it's blinking at a medium rate, that means that the retard only is activated. If it's blinking fast, that means both launch control and the timing retard is activated. I hope this helps some! Let me know if you need anything else!
Old 05-12-2017, 11:23 PM
FormerVendor

Default activation wire to solenoid

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
You should wire the trigger wire to the solenoid so that way it only pulls timing when the solenoid is activated.
Connecting the timing retard activation wire (or other devices) directly to the solenoid is usually not a good idea since the solenoid is a very electrically noisy device but on a system with a progressive control you should absolutely not connect to the solenoid because the progressive controller is pulsing the solenoid so that will be pulsing the timing retard enable as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LNC-2000 Help.