Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Nitrous Outlet bottle heater X Series

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Nitrous Outlet bottle heater X Series

I have the X Series bottle heater and it has worked fine since installing it a few months ago. I tried to turn it on tonight and it would not heat up.

I tested the heating element by connecting it to the battery for a few seconds and the heating element works so the problem must be with the wiring

My heater switch is working and I can hear the relay click on and off when I turn on and off my heater switch. I thought that it might be the pressure valve but I bypassed it and connected the two wires that go to the pressure switch and it still won't work.

I have it wired exactly like the instructions indicate. Clearly there is an issue with the wiring somewhere or the relay is bad. I have only used this heater a couple of times so I cannot imagine that the relay is bad but I guess anything is possible.

What should I do to troubleshoot this?

Thanks
Old 05-16-2017, 11:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would suggest testing the relay to make sure everything is working like it is suppose to. i can add a link on how to properly test a relay

You can also go over the wiring that you have laid out. Start with where you are pulling from on the switch I know you are hearing the clicks but just want you to look and verify that the connection is still properly done, Solder, heat shrunk connections are the best way to do connect wires. I would also then check the connections to the relay in the same manner. Verify you have good grounds on the heater and the relay. Please let us know if you need anymore help we would be glad to help you out.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:46 AM
9 Second Club

when I did my dual heaters, my relays clicked and clicked lol, found out I had a bad ground or should say not good enough ground. took some paint off and it worked.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:29 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the link above. I checked the relay and it is good. I also checked the power coming from the battery and coming off of the relay and both have 12.x volts.

I checked the voltage coming form the heater switch and it would sometimes show 12.x volts and other times it would show 0 volts. I guess that I either have a problem with the ground on the heater switch or the power on the heater switch.

I have the heater switch and the arming switch wired to the same 12 volt source and grounded at the same location. Is this okay of should I find different sources for each switch.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Ground was loose. Works great now.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am glad that I was able to help with the video on how to test it properly and how you started from the switch to check and verify all connections. If you ever need help dont be afraid to give us a shout and we can get you squared away.

Quick Reply: Help with Nitrous Outlet bottle heater X Series