Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pressure washing engine with nitrous solenoids?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pressure washing engine with nitrous solenoids?

So my engine/engine bay desperately needs to be washed and I was wondering if there were any additional concerns with spraying high pressure in/around/on nitrous solenoids? Its a standard wet kit with the NX solenoids mounted near the fuel rails on a FAST 92mm intake. I'd ask in Appearance but I figured I'd get a more informed response here.

Edit- I should mention this is with a 92mm plate kit, not a nozzle.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is really no need to pressure wash an engine bay of a running/driving vehicle. With the engine warm, cover any sensitive items with plastic grocery bags and sweep out any leaves or other large debris. Rinse with a standard garden hose nozzle--I like the "shower" setting. Spray whatever degreaser of your choice in there. I like Simple Green. Use an agitator brush (or clean paint brush) for the textured areas to loosen dirt and debris, and rinse again. Repeat if necessary.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I'd use a spray bottle with some diluted simple green and give her thee ole hand job, then rinse and wipe off.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
I'd use a spray bottle with some diluted simple green and give her thee ole hand job, then rinse and wipe off.
Yep diluted simple green spray down the whole engine bay and rinse. I personally have no issues using a pressure washer on engine bays. You just have to keep your distance to like 18 inches or more and it won't hurt anything. I then like to blow it all off with compressed air or a leaf blower. Water hoses are useless lol

Quick Reply: Pressure washing engine with nitrous solenoids?