Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New TNT bottle valve full of metal shaving

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 12:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New TNT bottle valve full of metal shaving

After dealing with a nitrous solenoid that stuck closed/open etc and having to rebuild it (Which TNT wouldnt replace the solenoid even though it was defective, they sent us a "rebuild" kit for it). We also installed a TNT high flow bottle valve in an extra NX bottle we had, and soon as we ran it, the nitrous solenoid stuck open again.

pulled it apart and it was FULL of metal drill bit type shavings from the bottle valve. Pulled bottle valve out and there were slivers still attached where they did a **** poor job drilling it and assembling it.

So TNT sent metal shavings through my nitrous solenoid and possibly the motor...

another crappy tnt problem...
Old 07-05-2004, 02:25 PM
TECH Junkie

so youre not running a nitrous filter?
Old 07-05-2004, 03:49 PM
Banned

Actually i have a filter that i use right after the bottle. We were testing to see if the long 16 ft 6an line was a restriction, so we hooked up a 4 ft 6an line up next to the car on the dyno to test any restriction....so at that time it sucked up the metal
Old 07-06-2004, 09:44 AM
Staging Lane

Why is the metal in the valve. Do they drill it for a guage or what.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:41 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes they drill them for a gauge to go in the side.Someone must have not blown it out afterwards.
Dave
Old 07-06-2004, 01:35 PM
10 Second Club

is it true that TNT is going out of buisness?
Old 07-06-2004, 01:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by C4VetteLS1
Actually i have a filter that i use right after the bottle. We were testing to see if the long 16 ft 6an line was a restriction, so we hooked up a 4 ft 6an line up next to the car on the dyno to test any restriction....so at that time it sucked up the metal

Hey guys, I read this board occasionally and have chosen to remain passive in posting to this point. I would like to address the the topics posted "bottle valve" "nitrous sol stuck" " poor customer service".. First off we have always tried to make sure that the customer is taken care of. In this particular case we have bent over backwards to make you happy. Our first conversation was about the kit not making advertised power, so I went through the normal check list to make sure it was working correctly, after our conversation it seemed like the install was correct so to make sure that it wasn't a defect in the kit I asked that you send it back so it could be flow tested. You did send it in and we checked it out. We found no reason the kit should not be making the power, and we charge ($75hr) for flowtesting which you received free of charge. On the other hand we were curious as to why there were 3 grounds electrical taped on the fuel sol. So we recommended that you take the fuel pressure saftey switch and use it to break the ground on the relay, and try it once more. At that point you said that you were not using our bottle, and we flow test from our bottle to the nozz, taking that into consideration you ordered a bottle valve seperate to replace the existing one in hopes to clear up your problem. It is MY fault for grabbing a valve out of the prod line and sending it out after talking to you. Nitro Dave was correct, they undergo there final check as they are put in the bottle, so I will accept complete responsibility for the valve being incorrect, I do apoligize and am willing to exchange it for a new valve that will not have any issues guaranteed. Your next complaint is that our sol was defective, and was hanging open.. I have been answering tech calls for this company for the last 4 1/2 years with 3 years of personal nitrous use prior to working here and from my experience if a sol isn't opening its either a electrical issue (i.e. wiring) or the solenoid itself is damaged (i.e. the tower). Considering every sol is tested prior to us even receiving them and every kit that we send has a nitrous filter included, and our instructions clearly state to clear all the lines before installation, I found it difficult to understand how trash in the sol was our responsibility, considering you told me that the nitrous filter was allways in use.. I gave you the benifit of the doubt, and seeing the trouble you have had so far we sent you a ($5) sol wrench ($29) rebuild piston ($21) 2 day air shipping free of charge to ensure you that we do go out of our way to make things right for you. Not to mention that when we spoke I promised you a new sol ($169) and next day air ($35) if you sent it back to me and there was a defect in the tower or base of the sol from the manuf. You insisted that you would perfer it be rebuilt by yourself. Now from your post above I understand why there was trash in the sol, because you admited to running the kit with no filter and thats how it got hung open. I am not writing this to flame you because you are a valued customer and we are still working with you to make sure you're taken care of, but to say that our customer service is "poor", please tell me how we havent taken care of you to this point?? Texas Nitrous Technology was founded by racers that do care about what they do. We have and will always listen to the customers, making many changes over the years based on your feed back, and unfortunately what works great for some doesn't appease others. But if you think we treat customers poorly please call us at (903-839-5498) and voice your oppinon, I assure you that your feedback makes a difference. So I sincerely apologize for the trouble that you have had to this point especially considering the orginal complaint was not making enough power "considering we have allways been grilled for making more than advertised" lol. But to say we have not worked with you and given you poor customer service is quite unfounded.

thank you for your time,
David @ Texas Nitrous Technology
Old 07-06-2004, 01:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fast94bird
Why is the metal in the valve. Do they drill it for a guage or what.

To answer your question the valve is drilled to accept the bottle gauge directly so that you allways have constant pressure readings. This is one example of customer feedback and how we have adapted to fulfill the needs of our customers.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by taqwache
is it true that TNT is going out of buisness?
I would go with B. False, we are bigger and better than ever. If you ever need to double check you can allways just give us a call
Old 07-06-2004, 02:28 PM
FormerVendor

David,
Good responce.
When you have machanical issues, which sometimes happens all the manafacture can due is try to work with you untill the problem is worked out.Yes the valve should not have went out that way.But David did admit he messed up.The best thing you can do is always look your parts over before installation.No matter what company or part. The people that work there are human just like us.They make mistakes.It seems to me that they have been trying to help you out.I know its fustrating but hang in there.
Dave
Old 07-06-2004, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to see a manufacturer in here breaking things down. Keep up the good work.. I really haven't heard much negative about TNT..
Old 07-06-2004, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sweet, TNT is still in business... hey dave i will call you in a day or two to order an F4 kit. i know when tony was there, he helped with all my questions and problems. i never have had a problem with TNT.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by David@TNT
Hey guys, I read this board occasionally and have chosen to remain passive in posting to this point. I would like to address the the topics posted "bottle valve" "nitrous sol stuck" " poor customer service".. First off we have always tried to make sure that the customer is taken care of. In this particular case we have bent over backwards to make you happy. Our first conversation was about the kit not making advertised power, so I went through the normal check list to make sure it was working correctly, after our conversation it seemed like the install was correct so to make sure that it wasn't a defect in the kit I asked that you send it back so it could be flow tested. You did send it in and we checked it out. We found no reason the kit should not be making the power, and we charge ($75hr) for flowtesting which you received free of charge. On the other hand we were curious as to why there were 3 grounds electrical taped on the fuel sol. So we recommended that you take the fuel pressure saftey switch and use it to break the ground on the relay, and try it once more. At that point you said that you were not using our bottle, and we flow test from our bottle to the nozz, taking that into consideration you ordered a bottle valve seperate to replace the existing one in hopes to clear up your problem. It is MY fault for grabbing a valve out of the prod line and sending it out after talking to you. Nitro Dave was correct, they undergo there final check as they are put in the bottle, so I will accept complete responsibility for the valve being incorrect, I do apoligize and am willing to exchange it for a new valve that will not have any issues guaranteed. Your next complaint is that our sol was defective, and was hanging open.. I have been answering tech calls for this company for the last 4 1/2 years with 3 years of personal nitrous use prior to working here and from my experience if a sol isn't opening its either a electrical issue (i.e. wiring) or the solenoid itself is damaged (i.e. the tower). Considering every sol is tested prior to us even receiving them and every kit that we send has a nitrous filter included, and our instructions clearly state to clear all the lines before installation, I found it difficult to understand how trash in the sol was our responsibility, considering you told me that the nitrous filter was allways in use.. I gave you the benifit of the doubt, and seeing the trouble you have had so far we sent you a ($5) sol wrench ($29) rebuild piston ($21) 2 day air shipping free of charge to ensure you that we do go out of our way to make things right for you. Not to mention that when we spoke I promised you a new sol ($169) and next day air ($35) if you sent it back to me and there was a defect in the tower or base of the sol from the manuf. You insisted that you would perfer it be rebuilt by yourself. Now from your post above I understand why there was trash in the sol, because you admited to running the kit with no filter and thats how it got hung open. I am not writing this to flame you because you are a valued customer and we are still working with you to make sure you're taken care of, but to say that our customer service is "poor", please tell me how we havent taken care of you to this point?? Texas Nitrous Technology was founded by racers that do care about what they do. We have and will always listen to the customers, making many changes over the years based on your feed back, and unfortunately what works great for some doesn't appease others. But if you think we treat customers poorly please call us at (903-839-5498) and voice your oppinon, I assure you that your feedback makes a difference. So I sincerely apologize for the trouble that you have had to this point especially considering the orginal complaint was not making enough power "considering we have allways been grilled for making more than advertised" lol. But to say we have not worked with you and given you poor customer service is quite unfounded.

thank you for your time,
David @ Texas Nitrous Technology
David or TNT,

Actually youve never spoken to me. I am the performance shop manager and friend of the customer that you are handling. So anything your referring to about "speaking to him" isnt me. I am the dynotech and one that has done most of the work on the particular low 10 second bottom end C5 corvette we are referring to.

Bent over backwards???? We had a faulty solenoid on the first use, it stuck closed on the first attempt to use it. You wouldnt warrenty it, you even had the audacity to attempt to charge him for the parts to fix the solenoid, but finally you did send him the parts. Before that, he already sent the entire kit back and you guys replaced the power ring because it was "drilled incorrectly" and wouldnt bolt up and fit because the fogger nozzle lines would hit the serpentine setup. Also you shorted him a 6AN main line when shipping the kit to us AND you left out the purge block fitting that was ordered with it. Also you charged him for freight and some parts to fix the BRAND NEW F2 kit he purchased.

Then you guys cant even clean your valves out before shipping them and basically said "oh well" to him. Then when his car doesnt make the power its supposed with your 250/250 pills you guys were shocked but i have a feeling you guys have never sprayed a 250 rwhp shot on a ls1 with your own kit and made 250.

In reference to using the kit without a filter, it was used with the filter a few times before swapping to a short 3-4ft 6an line right next to the car on the dyno. at that point that means it had a TON of metal shavings in the valve because it was still blowing junk out!

Im the one that did this, im the one who dynos his car. Im not bashing your company and ive always thought you guys made great stuff but some of the comments you or your people made on the phone was

"if you use another brand solenoid then ill be laughing at you all the way down the dragstrip" etc....

And finally you guys believe it wasnt getting enough voltage or ground cause the solenoid to stick closed or open. This isnt correct, we direct grounded to the battery and had a trickle charger on the battery the whole time it was on the dyno, it was double/triple checked in every way.

Im not saying your product is bad or not the best, im saying in this situation, my customer recieved the "rare" lemon nitrous kit that hasnt been up to par. Every other TNT kit i have used has worked excellent and I will continue to use your product, even on my own ls1 vehicle.

He has been very patient ,but also he has $1000 in converting from a NX kit to yours and has had alot of problems weve been working through.

It still has the 350 nitrous jets in it with the 250 fuel pill to get a 11.5 a/f ratio and make 230 rwhp.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:36 PM
Banned

Also, i just recieved phone call from Ed my customer....this actually turned out to be a good thing with the jetting problem, it appears we found the mistake in your jet pattern that James (previous owner TNT) had setup.

You guys did some flow bench testing for us today and found that the 350 nitrous pills and the 250 fuel pills actually match up closely.

He also let me know you were sending us a whole new jet pack with revamped fixed jetting and jet card to get everything squared away. We appreciate that, and its nice to see that in the end, itll fix a small error on your part and get both of us working better in our goal of horsepower.

Appreciate the fact that you guys spent some time actually checking your jet patterns for our problem and solved the problem today.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Staging Lane

This post shows how things can get out of hand when something that is written is taken in the wrong light.
Why did yall change from the NX Kit. Was there a problem, or just wanted something new.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:39 PM
Banned

NX single fogger would burn plugs at the 200 shot level quite often.......also backfired twice taking out ls6 intakes from leaving on the squeeze...

Havent burned one plug since going to a tnt power ring kit
Old 07-08-2004, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

David or TNT,

Actually youve never spoken to me. I am the performance shop manager and friend of the customer that you are handling. So anything your referring to about "speaking to him" isnt me. I am the dynotech and one that has done most of the work on the particular low 10 second bottom end C5 corvette we are referring to.

Bent over backwards???? We had a faulty solenoid on the first use, it stuck closed on the first attempt to use it. You wouldnt warrenty it, you even had the audacity to attempt to charge him for the parts to fix the solenoid, but finally you did send him the parts. Before that, he already sent the entire kit back and you guys replaced the power ring because it was "drilled incorrectly" and wouldnt bolt up and fit because the fogger nozzle lines would hit the serpentine setup. Also you shorted him a 6AN main line when shipping the kit to us AND you left out the purge block fitting that was ordered with it. Also you charged him for freight and some parts to fix the BRAND NEW F2 kit he purchased.

Then you guys cant even clean your valves out before shipping them and basically said "oh well" to him. Then when his car doesnt make the power its supposed with your 250/250 pills you guys were shocked but i have a feeling you guys have never sprayed a 250 rwhp shot on a ls1 with your own kit and made 250.

In reference to using the kit without a filter, it was used with the filter a few times before swapping to a short 3-4ft 6an line right next to the car on the dyno. at that point that means it had a TON of metal shavings in the valve because it was still blowing junk out!

Im the one that did this, im the one who dynos his car. Im not bashing your company and ive always thought you guys made great stuff but some of the comments you or your people made on the phone was

"if you use another brand solenoid then ill be laughing at you all the way down the dragstrip" etc....

And finally you guys believe it wasnt getting enough voltage or ground cause the solenoid to stick closed or open. This isnt correct, we direct grounded to the battery and had a trickle charger on the battery the whole time it was on the dyno, it was double/triple checked in every way.

Im not saying your product is bad or not the best, im saying in this situation, my customer recieved the "rare" lemon nitrous kit that hasnt been up to par. Every other TNT kit i have used has worked excellent and I will continue to use your product, even on my own ls1 vehicle.

He has been very patient ,but also he has $1000 in converting from a NX kit to yours and has had alot of problems weve been working through.

It still has the 350 nitrous jets in it with the 250 fuel pill to get a 11.5 a/f ratio and make 230 rwhp.

Well then sorry about the identity mix up.. I dont have much time to talk here so let me say a few things real quick. We have at least a thousand kits out there that do work flawlessly, "especially on the first try" so I sincerely apoligize for your customers greif. We take alot of pride and a great deal of time & effort to make sure our products are the best that you can buy, while taking the time to see that our customers are taken care of. Our sucess is been from our product and service, and not from a large advertising budget. We dont know why this particular car isnt making the power it should as of yet, but please dont flatter yourself into thinking we havent tested this kit before especially on a small 250hp setting. He will get his car lined out and making power reliably soon so until then please understand that we are working to make sure our customers are happy and thats all we can do, so thank you for you time and feeback.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

NX single fogger would burn plugs at the 200 shot level quite often.......also backfired twice taking out ls6 intakes from leaving on the squeeze...

Havent burned one plug since going to a tnt power ring kit
A 200 shot is too much to be spraying through one nozzle. NX told me that the nozzles are good to about 150hp each.

The benefit to the TNT kit is that it does come with two nozzles. If you take a generic NX Wet Kit, buy 2 T-Fittings, 2 new 2AN lines, and another nozzle, you can spray just as much as you can with the TNT F1 or F2 kits. At that point the biggest thing holding you back is the size of the orifice in the solenoid.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:24 PM
Banned

Id have to disagree on the nx working as well.

Ive seen tnt's nozzles and i think the secret is in those. I believe the atomization to be superior to NX nozzles by the way its mixed, and its patented as well.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KingCrapBox
A 200 shot is too much to be spraying through one nozzle. NX told me that the nozzles are good to about 150hp each.

The benefit to the TNT kit is that it does come with two nozzles. If you take a generic NX Wet Kit, buy 2 T-Fittings, 2 new 2AN lines, and another nozzle, you can spray just as much as you can with the TNT F1 or F2 kits. At that point the biggest thing holding you back is the size of the orifice in the solenoid.
200 shot is not to much through one nozzle, I know its orifice size of .093 in the nozzle and can flow 250 HP. A modified one with .116 can do 400 with a larger noid. They call it the SHO nozzle. NX does offer dual nozzle system but rather spendy.
Backfires are never cause by the nozzle. ( looking at NX and TNT) NOS AOR B nozzle guys yall are on your own (boooom). Backfires can be cause by some equipment failure, but most of the time its human error.

Quick Reply: New TNT bottle valve full of metal shaving