Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold nitrous tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 08:29 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Cold nitrous tune

anhone tried it? Running a normal temp bottle and timing the fuel around it? Local buddies say it gets them consistent pressure down the track compared to a hot bottle cooling more through a pass.

pain in the *** so far figuring out where I should try to be at on pressure as it is. May just try lower pressure but larger jetting. Just gotta keep messing with it. Wide band did say I’m 10:1 on air fuel so I tried the bottle cold with the 200 jet on the nitrous side while leaving the 150 jet on the fuel side. Felt good but mid way through third it kicked some smoke so I let off. Tried -8 degrees, all 200 jetting and upped fuel pressure. Felt like **** on a cold *** bottle. Lol
Old 06-22-2018, 01:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Guys running cold nitrous are "pushing" it with something higher pressure behind it. Like, freezing a bottle and then hooking a nano up to it. Or, making a "cold box" that holds nitrous inside and chills the nitrous down and then using a normally pressurized bottle to push the contents from the box to the engine. This is really tricky and you have to A)be consistent with bottle prep and nitrous temp every time you run it and B) having your system flowed and mapped out for the amount of nitrous truly leaving the jet. Long story short, I wouldn't recommend just trying this without having your ducks in a row first.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:05 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a lot of experience with freezing the bottle and pushing it with nitrogen. It’s only worth trying on a jet restricted class. We were limited to a .082 jet which is around 225 and we were pushing over 450 worth into the motor. You obviously need to pull timing for the amount actually entering the motor and I feel you have to have a stand alone ecu with o2 correction. We could get the a full bottle down to 270-325 psi and each 20 psi cooler we got a 10lb bottle I had a different tune for. On another car with a 960 flywheel motor running one big kit I would leave the starting line at 825 psi and only fill the bottle 9.5lbs that’s helped a lot.

Quick Reply: Cold nitrous tune