Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Newbie Nitrous How to do question?

Old 07-18-2004, 07:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question A Newbie Nitrous How to do question?

Ok I am Ready to go Ok To get Started,First turn on bottle valve,then the arming switch,Then Purge.Now on Purge do I purge until mist comes out of the Purge tube?When I am done Running the n2o ,What do I need to do?
Thanks!
Scott
Old 07-18-2004, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good series of questions. I'm not even sure on the proper operating procedures.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

As i am waiting for my NOS 5177 kit to come in the mail, i would also like to know the proper proceeder for a 6speed
Old 07-18-2004, 10:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Here is my routine of things. First I turn on the bottle and make sure there are no leaks. When you purge, the purpose is to remove the excess air in the line. So you purge until you see a mist and no air. After that is taken care of, I prepare myself. Depending on weather you have a M6 or A4, I assume you are a A4, go out to a nice stretch of road and try her out. Turn on the arming switch when you are ready, go at a higher speed for the first time to get used to it, mash the gas. You will notice the rpms will increase more quickly and the car will pull harder. You won't notice the fast and the furious type of feeling unless you are spraying a huge shot, so don't be disappointed if she doesn't pull like you think she should.

In a M6 this is the same process except I will turn on the arming switch, put the car in 3rd gear about 3k rpms, when I am ready, mash it. Only difference is you need to be ready if you plan on shifting into 4th gear cause the gears will come a lot quicker now. Just play with it and be smart.

Also, on a final note. Make sure you are runing the correct jets, good fuel and pressure are available, and MONITOR your activity with a scanning software of some sort. I have seen a few NOS 5177 kits run lean on Semi-Stock LS1's. Just from personal experience.

EDIT: For the first few times, start out with the lowest availble shot you have. ie. 50-75 shot.
Old 07-18-2004, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thumbs up Thanks HC02SS

Thank you for the Info HC02SS
I am an A4 car.I am ok on the take off,my car was tuned on a Dyno with edit for n2o.Now The question is What do I do when I am done doing a run?Turn off Bottle valve and purge everything out of line?
Scott
Old 07-18-2004, 06:43 PM
11 Second Club

When I am done using Nitrous. I disarm the system. Turn off the bottle warmer, close the bottle and purge the lines.
Old 07-19-2004, 06:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Yup what Ed said.
Old 07-19-2004, 06:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok we will do,Thanks again
Old 07-19-2004, 11:38 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Always try to test to make sure the noids are working under correct conditions...i.e WOT. I just got a bad progressive controler that would turn ther noids on full apon activation and not wait until the paramiters set in my program that I loaded. Good thing I checked before I was ready for a test run, that would have sucked to arm the system at idle to get ready for a WOT pass and kill the motor.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hellbents10
Always try to test to make sure the noids are working under correct conditions...i.e WOT. I just got a bad progressive controler that would turn ther noids on full apon activation and not wait until the paramiters set in my program that I loaded. Good thing I checked before I was ready for a test run, that would have sucked to arm the system at idle to get ready for a WOT pass and kill the motor.
That would have sucked.

Search this Thread