Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing retard box for forced induction

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2023, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing retard box for forced induction

Good afternoon, long time lurker around here finally with a question of my own. I'm currently working on installing a two stage progressive nitrous setup on my supercharged car. Elsewhere here it's detailed how to build a timing retard box and modify IAT timing table to pull timing when arming the nitrous using relays, a resistor and modifying the cold side of the IAT table.

That's all very straightforward and what I would like to do to keep my full power tune when not spraying. However, my question is if this is wise to do when the IAT may actually be high on a hard pull with a supercharged car and need to pull a little timing. Should I just set it up to pull additional timing to compensate for possible higer IAT or is there another way to set this up I'm just not thinking of? I'm running on E85 with a sub 100 shot of progressive N20. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-13-2023, 09:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello,

Depending on what ignition system the vehicle is being run on, I would recommend an LNC-2000-2SR. That box is a 2 stage timing retard that is activated by your nitrous stages, so you will have full power with the nitrous off, and don't need to lose usability on your IAT sensor.

Old 02-13-2023, 11:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Hello,

Depending on what ignition system the vehicle is being run on, I would recommend an LNC-2000-2SR. That box is a 2 stage timing retard that is activated by your nitrous stages, so you will have full power with the nitrous off, and don't need to lose usability on your IAT sensor.
I'm running an E37 PCM and to my knowledge it's not available for me. If it were, that would be the easy button for sure.

Thinking adding an inline resistor to increase the temperature the PCM is seeing via a couple relays may be the ticket. I believe that would keep my IAT sensor fully functional yet pull the desired timing. Would lean out the fuel a little bit but can fix that with nitrous fuel jetting.

Quick Reply: Timing retard box for forced induction