Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nxl Kit Going To Nx For Testing

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nxl Kit Going To Nx For Testing

My Car Ran Lean ,i Talked To Rickey At Nx And Offered Him To Use My Kit On His Test Car,so I Will Be Shipping It Asap And We Will See What Happens ,i Will Let You Know
Old 07-29-2004, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good move. Now lets see 4-6 weeks for NX to come to the same conclusion that we have already reached. Then another 3-4 months for them to design a fix. Maybe by next spring this kit will be fixed.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

gvzo6 - thanks for being "the man" and sending in a kit that was actually on a customers car that had the same issues we are all having.

marlow - you could not have said it better!!! I REFUSE to wait til next year for a "fixed" kit.

I am hoping NX will offer to swap out the NXL kit with a different kit like the MAF kit or something. We only need 1/2 the parts, since we have everything else. I have already spent over $500 additional (broken parts, towing, labor, custom fabrication) to get it working, I think that is more than fair to offer to swap out the kits
Old 07-29-2004, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

It took them quite awhile to design and implement just the fuel accumulator, it's gonna' take them quite some time to figure out what is wrong with this thing and implement a fix.

I know I can't wait that long any more either, I bought my kit last October! I had been waiting for all these issues to work themselves out before I got my car tuned, but that looks pretty far off at this point.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

even if they do figure it out ,will you trust it , i put the car back on the dyno today with a 100 wet shot ,ran fine
Old 07-29-2004, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

well, the season is almost over. Car is going back to Speed Inc for a Th400 and refresh my motor. If it is not fixed by then I am ripping this thing off and going with a MAF kit.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:00 PM
Staging Lane

Talked with Ricky today about the retest. As far as the time line it took in getting the accumulator he mentioned the machine shop kept promising something they could not deliver. At this time he will not give a time line for any fixes. just for that reason.
but he did say he would post the results himself. And if the jetting needs to be changed then it will be sent to the customers at no cost to them not even freight.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Here is something to think about. I have been doing some research. The NX recommended jets follow traditional sizing guidelines for and wet kit. The NXL kit introduces more resistance to flow via the smaller jets, lines and the rails. Therefore I think this is why the jetting does not follow traditional guidelines. The jets for both nitrous and fuel need to be larger which will reduce resistance and increase flow. However the one unknown variable is the flow restrictions inside the NXL rails. They must be pretty restrictive based on the need for the accumulator. If the rails and solenoids will not flow the nitrous and fuel then increasing the jet size will only work up to a point. You will then hit a wall at which the rails will flow no more. I would bet that NX has already discovered this and that is why they are resizing the solenoids and porting the rails. They may have been aware of the problem for a while.

On a traditional direct port kit, the fuel is supplied by a low pressure stand alone fuel system which utilizes large fuel jets. Usually the fuel jets are 2x the nitrous jet to make up for the pressure differential.

I am only a rookie when it comes to N20, but do have a little experience with fluid dynamics. Anyway that is my 2cents worth.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by marlowchris
Here is something to think about. I have been doing some research. The NX recommended jets follow traditional sizing guidelines for and wet kit. The NXL kit introduces more resistance to flow via the smaller jets, lines and the rails. Therefore I think this is why the jetting does not follow traditional guidelines. The jets for both nitrous and fuel need to be larger which will reduce resistance and increase flow. However the one unknown variable is the flow restrictions inside the NXL rails. They must be pretty restrictive based on the need for the accumulator. If the rails and solenoids will not flow the nitrous and fuel then increasing the jet size will only work up to a point. You will then hit a wall at which the rails will flow no more. I would bet that NX has already discovered this and that is why they are resizing the solenoids and porting the rails. They may have been aware of the problem for a while.

On a traditional direct port kit, the fuel is supplied by a low pressure stand alone fuel system which utilizes large fuel jets. Usually the fuel jets are 2x the nitrous jet to make up for the pressure differential.

I am only a rookie when it comes to N20, but do have a little experience with fluid dynamics. Anyway that is my 2cents worth.
The reason there is a lean spike is"pressure" resestance to flow. When you open 2 fuel solenoids you no longer have back pressure. Fuel is free flowing meaning no fuel pressure at the injector. Once the fuel hits the jets it can achieve back pressure becasue you have resistance to flow. Also several companies sell direct port kits to work on high pressure systems. I hope they find a problem and fix it, NX makes some good products.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

interesting . . . come to think about it, I also lost 20HP AFTER installing the kit when NA
would this have something to do with it