Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New engine... Should I keep my dry kit or go wet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 10:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New engine... Should I keep my dry kit or go wet?

I'm in the process of installing a forged 6.0 in my TA. Basically forged Diamond pistons, Eagle H-beam rods, stock 6.0 crank, ARE StageIII 6.0 heads, Comp 224 cam. I actually built the engine for a turbo but due to $$$ the turbo will have to wait and nitrous will be used until then. My CR is only about 9:1 so the power will be a little on the low side but I hope that nitrous will give me hand when I hit the track. The question is how much can I safely run. On my stock setup, I was up to a 135 dry shot before I hurt the stock pistons and cyl walls (no timing tuner).

I'd like to avoid any problems with this new engine so I'd rather not push the limit. Is 200 shot on this engine too much or should I stick with a 150?

I'd like to run wet but I'm afraid of nitrous backfires from fuel puddling. How often does this happen and how can I prevent it?

I need to keep the cost of this to a minimum since I don't have much to spend. Can I just add a fuel solonoid/line to my current dry kit? I've seen conversion kits for this.

I'm planning on proper tuning before any nitrous is used.

Current Nitrous Kit:
5177 Kit
Bottle Heater
MSD Window Switch

Other Things I got:
Walbro 255lph HP
LS1 Edit
42 lb injectors (might be too much, even with tuning)
12 bolt
steel shaft
spec 3i clutch
Wide Band o2
Old 08-02-2004, 11:20 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Shawn,
You have the motor end of it on lock down.However depending on how much you spray you may need a dual intank fuel pump set up.I would talk to the guys at race tronix on that.
Yes they do make a dry to wet conversion.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/outlet/...&section_id=17

The problem is that you will still have that little NOS nitrous solenoid.You can either purchase a NX solenoid or sell the dry kit and call me for s great deal on a wet system.It may be cheaper that way.As for fuel puddling there is no need to worry about that an a 35-250 hp shot.If you are going higher than that I would suggest a direct port.Use the safety features that are on the market and you will be safe and have a blast doing it.If you need any advice.Let me know.
Dave
Old 08-03-2004, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Performance
Shawn,
You have the motor end of it on lock down.However depending on how much you spray you may need a dual intank fuel pump set up.I would talk to the guys at race tronix on that.
Yes they do make a dry to wet conversion.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/outlet/...&section_id=17

The problem is that you will still have that little NOS nitrous solenoid.You can either purchase a NX solenoid or sell the dry kit and call me for s great deal on a wet system.It may be cheaper that way.As for fuel puddling there is no need to worry about that an a 35-250 hp shot.If you are going higher than that I would suggest a direct port.Use the safety features that are on the market and you will be safe and have a blast doing it.If you need any advice.Let me know.
Dave
Thanks Dave! Great info! Looks like I might be selling my dry kit and opt for a wet kit. I'll be contacting you soon.