Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX setup question.

Old 08-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question NX setup question.

Attached is a wiring diagram I made of the way I installed my NX MAF system with Gen-X 2 upgrade and RPM Window Switch. The wire coloring is simply the factory NX wire colors.

Note: Dashed black lines represent white wires.

The switched 12v power source is coming from the pink wire connected to the Traction Control System switch (next the cigarette lighter).

Once the system is armed (via the arming switch of course) power is delivered to the TPAS, RPM window switch, and the purge switch becomes usable.

The 12v power source is simply the battery. Only the Relay itself has this non-switched power source.

The junction strip was used for more secure connections (butt connectors suck). This also gives me the ability to easily run diagnostics on certain components, such as bypassing the TPAS to fire solenoids.

My question is:

Before I go ahead and try to use this setup, I want to know if the 12v switched power source (the pink TCS 20-ga wire) is going to be beefy enough to run the TPAS, window switch and purge solenoid? I think this power source is also connected to the 5 amp fuse (gauge cluster fuse) in the driver side dash fuse box. Will the extra draw blow the hell out of that fuse? Also, since the pink wire is 20-ga, does the size of the wire going to the TPAS, window switch, and purge switch/solenoid matter? I used 12-ga but it seems pointless since the 20-ga will be a bottle neck anyhow.

Does anyone else use this TCS wire to power their kits? If this is not suitable where is a good switched 12v source to tap into?

Thanks in advanced.

-James
Attached Thumbnails NX setup question.-nitro-wiring-2.jpg  
Old 08-03-2004, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice wiring diagram.

I have put an additional relay on some cars when the only ignition signal is a tiny 20awg feed like you have. The TPS switch, and window switch use almost no current and would be fine, but not the purge. Instal the new relay and fuse before the arming switch. That way you are sure you have plenty of safe fused power for all of your accesories. Including future bottle opener or bottle warmer.

It seems like you know what you are doing, but let me know if that dose not make sense.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:18 PM
Teching In

Yeah, it toasted that 5 amp fuse. I noticed that there is a 25 amp fuse in the fuse box for radio accy. Where does this go so I can tap into it? Will the nitrous and fuel solenoid draw more than 25?

Thanks
Old 08-04-2004, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you NEED to go to the battery for the n20 and fuel, they draw more than 25 amps

Ryan
Old 08-05-2004, 02:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They draw more than 25A.. if you look at the relays that come with the kit, they are 60A.

Search this Thread