Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynotune A/F gauge

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dynotune A/F gauge

is anyone using it? if so how do you like it? with all these fuel soloniods taking a **** lately it seems like cheap insurance. how does it hook up to the system if you are already using a window switch (timing tuner)?
Old 08-03-2004, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

I do not have the gauge with the safety switch but I did get the A/F gauge and a purge from them. Nice quality stuff!

Brad
Old 08-04-2004, 08:30 AM
10 Second Club

Squintz, I noticed that mine runs about .100mv below my real O2 readings. Does yours do the same? I tried to contact them about it but got no answer. I tapped the computer and know that this spot wil give a reliable reading because I have used it in the past.

Algws6, I have the safty switch but havn't hooked it up yet. It looks to me like the switch just grounds the relay so I think that if you use the yellow wire to ground the window switch it will work. The only problem is you wouldn't be able to spray out of the hole and you won't be able to arm the system at part throttle. I did email them about this issue but havn't heard back.
Old 08-04-2004, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wont be installing my kit without the A/F switch. Hell for $180 it is very very cheap insurance especially since Im still under warranty! LOL! I only have 18k on my ride! OOPS!!!!
Old 08-04-2004, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

maybe they will chime in to answer these questions? GM, how is your fuel noid doing? was it a pain in the *** to change the piston?
Old 08-04-2004, 09:08 AM
10 Second Club

It's seems to be doing great. I have put another 50lbs. of nitrous through the car and it's running just fine. I will probrably pull the fuel noid piston today to see what it looks like. The change is very easy, it takes like 5 minutes. I think I can probrably get away with doing it while the noid is still mounted in the car.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:44 AM
8 second mod

I have a few dynotune accesories, and im sure it is as quality as the rest. they do real nice stuff!
Old 08-04-2004, 08:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Hello! We have seen this shift in voltage before. some folks use autotap etc....and do get a slight shift in readings. The a/f Gauge is a simple voltage meter. We calibrate it with a voltage calibrator. We have tested this many times and can only assume that the voltage Gauge measured right at the o2 sensor is more acurate than running through the wire harness, plus the software may only be so accurate. they really only care about the .8XX digit, the other two are probably not counted. The stock o2 sensor is good only to give you a ball park where you are running. In the rich area around .8-.9V range its not so acurate, pretty good but not like a wideband. Now in the lean range at .5-.7v its much more accurate.

Now on the A/F switch question. yes the yellow wire grounds the relay but its a transistor ground not a relay. If you want to run a window switch its best to email me at dynotunesales@aol.com and ask for the wiring diagram for that setup as this gets tricky to hookup. Were working on a relay output that will make installation a snap! Its gonna be the fall before its released.

Sorry we have been offline a bit we are moving our facility to a bigger and better building! We should be back in full force late next week!

Cheers Dan
Old 08-05-2004, 06:30 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks for the info Dan! I'll shoot you an email next week after your settled into your new shop.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

chop chop with the harness j/k. dan, i will email the way i have my system wired up maybe you can show me the easiest way to hook up the guage that way i won't have to wait. i really want piece of mind when i lay the smack down on the spray.