Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Experts - Does my wiring diagram look right??

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 08:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous Experts - Does my wiring diagram look right??

First time trying to wire up a nitrous setup, and I'd like to have a couple of you guys that've done this before check my work... I put together the following wiring schematic for my setup; does this look right??

TIA!!!
Old 08-18-2004, 10:50 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Doesn't look too bad at all. I'm very leary of a hobbs switch on the fuel side, so it's good that you have both solenoids running off the same relay. Also, the transducer on the NX bottle warmer has some to be desired. I took it off from mine eventually and just ran it direct and watched the bottle pressure instead. Main reason is that it would get the bottle pressure up to the minimum pressure reading and no higher. It would stop at like 950 instead of 1150.

Beyond that, you're wiring looks good.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DERTY
Doesn't look too bad at all. I'm very leary of a hobbs switch on the fuel side, so it's good that you have both solenoids running off the same relay. Also, the transducer on the NX bottle warmer has some to be desired. I took it off from mine eventually and just ran it direct and watched the bottle pressure instead. Main reason is that it would get the bottle pressure up to the minimum pressure reading and no higher. It would stop at like 950 instead of 1150.

Beyond that, you're wiring looks good.
Cool, thanks!! I really appreciate the reply!! Like I said, with this being my first shot at this, I wanted to get some opinions from those who've done it before.

Thanks for the heads up on the NX transducer; I'll keep my eye on it and if it seems to be shutting off too soon, I'll just take it off. I only plan on running it at the track, anyway.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wiring diagram looks good. Just remember to take your time. Be sure to use good ground points. Also I have my purge solenoid wired through a relay, but it will work like you have it shown.
Happy wiring!
Old 08-19-2004, 08:59 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by marlowchris
Wiring diagram looks good. Just remember to take your time. Be sure to use good ground points. Also I have my purge solenoid wired through a relay, but it will work like you have it shown.
Happy wiring!
Cool!! Thanks, Chris!!!