Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bypass question

Old 08-18-2004, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bypass question

i was told the reason my juice might not be engaging is becuase of the fuel pressure sensor thing on the rail. if so how do you bypass it.
Thanks;
stay pure.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:53 PM
TECH Resident

First off you don't want to bypass your Fuel Pressure Safety Switch, first try checking it. If you or someone else has an electric multimeter, turn on your key or even start your car and do a continuity test to the FPSS, put one probe on each side and if you set the meter right and you have enough fuel pressure the meter should ring. Telling you that you have a good connection. If it doesn't ring, then you either don't have proper fuel pressure so you need a new Pump/Regulator, or you have a bad FPSS so get a new FPSS. That thing isn't there to stop you from spraying, it's there to save your engine. I can tell you how to by pass it, but I won't.

If you are having trouble spraying, the first thing that I personally check is if the WOT switch is wired correctly. Some WOT switches have 2 prongs on the end of the switch & 1 prong on the bottom. If you have both of the wires on your WOT switch hooked up to the end terminals, it won't work, one wire goes underneath the switch on that prong and the other one goes to one of the prongs on the end of the switch, some times the prongs that you need to make your connections with are shaded red to help you know which ones to hook up.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:59 PM
TECH Resident

One more thing, double check all of your grounds. Specially the ones going to the relay that connects to your noids.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:14 AM
On The Tree

it was the fpss. it would engage initially but then shut off. i bypassed it yesterday and when out and played till midnight( lost my liscence again starting in the morning)
The car is nuts
Old 08-19-2004, 09:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by blubyeu2000
it was the fpss. it would engage initially but then shut off. i bypassed it yesterday and when out and played till midnight( lost my liscence again starting in the morning)
The car is nuts
Get a new FPSS, that is a very stupid thing to do. You might not have a FPSS issue, you may have a fuel pressure issue, that's causing your FPSS to shut down your Nitrous.

I told you in my initial post not to bypass the FPSS, so now if you detonate and knock a hole in one or more of your pistons, I don't want to read about it on here.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

95%+ of the "fpss issues" are due to the fuel pressure dropping, due to the quasi return system/deadhead system of the ls1 f-cars

I have yet to see any "faulty" hobbs FPSS's, and i've sold/installed/tested many many of these units.

Ryan
Old 08-19-2004, 09:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by slow
95%+ of the "fpss issues" are due to the fuel pressure dropping, due to the quasi return system/deadhead system of the ls1 f-cars

I have yet to see any "faulty" hobbs FPSS's, and i've sold/installed/tested many many of these units.

Ryan
That's what I'm talking about, if he sprays and it hits for a second or 2 then shuts off, that's telling me he is more than likely having a fuel pressure issue. So you are probably leaning out pretty good on the top end of your RPM spectrum, since you did what I told you not to and bypassed the FPSS.

Nitrous doesn't blow motors, Improperly used nitrous is what destroy's motors. **** like that is what gives nitrous a bad name in some circles.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

it sounded ok last night when i beat the hell out of it.

Search this Thread