Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

150 shot w/ low bottle pressure

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 01:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 150 shot w/ low bottle pressure

I have read some mixed opinions on running a 150 shot on the stock fuel system and came up with a question:

I just have a lid/filter/catback for normal mods, then I run a TNT F1 wet kit. The car made made 325whp on the dyno NA, then 430whp on the 100 shot. The general consesus is that the stock fuel system can support close to 500whp, with the 150 shot I'd be around 480whp.

Until I can get a new fuel pump, would running the 150 shot with lower than normal bottle pressure be fairly safe? Maybe around 850psi instead of the usual 1000+? I figure just in case it might lean out slightly with normal pressure, running a little lower would keep things rich if anything. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Tim
Old 08-23-2004, 03:22 PM
Banned

Kinda seems pointless to run a higher shot a lower bottle pressure, it would be just like running a lower shot then except now you are running rich because your fuel solenoid is supplying fuel for the higher shot. My opinion is to just stick with the lower shot to keep things safe, running nitrous without the correct amount of fuel can be a really bad thing.

CMC
Old 08-23-2004, 05:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Since you have access to a dyno, why not jet it 150, tee a gauge into the fuel rail and see if the pressure drops during a pull and confirm your a/f. Should give you some insight whether it's safe or not. You'll notice from prior posts I air on the side of caution.

Advice - free
Caution - cheap
Killing your motor... priceless