Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I would like some feed back on ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 11:58 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I would like some feed back on ?

Guys I would like you pm me some feed back on why you choose your nitrous system and or accessories. Please list your kit (any kit) and all the likes,dislikes and what you paid for it. This information will help me give you better products in the future.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i just bought a single shark nozzle and used the noids, bottle, line and purge off of my old Mr Bigshot i used to run on my carburator car.

main reason for a single shark is price and feedback from people saying that the nozzle works. i got it with jets for the 150,200,250 from NitroDaves for like $75 or so. everything else was free.

what i really want is a Pro Shot Fogger, the one that sells for $800 or so. the main reason i would chose this one over the other brand DPs is because of one reason. every time i go to the track and check out what all the really fast nitrous power cars are running, i always see this kit there. along with a sportsman fogger under the intake and a Mr Big plate system. this is of coarse on 6 second BBC cars but the point was made to me.

i would not mind buying a NX DP like a parhrana set up, but not until it comes down to $800 or less. peronaly i belive that is the reason why you dont see this setup too often. anyways hope this helps you. remember that i perfered a NX shark nozzle over a NOS fogger to spray 250hp through my intake because i belive in it.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am currently running a TNT F1 kit. I have had this kit for almost a year and it has it's advantages/disadvantages. I really like how the kit performs to an extent, but there is a drawback. When I put a 100 pill in my car, I want a freaking 100 shot. Not a 120, 130, ect. With the 100 jets, my car picked up 125hp. As far as installation goes, it wasn't bad at all EXCEPT the damn power ring fits like **** IMO. It is a pain in the *** to get lined up correctly. After it is done, its great. I am also running a NOS Bottle Heater, Window Switch, and WOT switch. These are a must IMO.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:31 AM
TECH Junkie

i also have a TNT F1 wet shot. i havent had it for very long, so I have only been thru 2 full bottles. I still have not dynoed, so im not sure how much im picking up, but it definitely feels VERY strong. like HC02SS said, the power ring installation can be a pain, but as soon as you finish that the rest is straightforward. the other items i run are a jimmyjams wot switch with bracket, msd window switch, nx fpss, and nx bottle heater. so far, all are top notch
Old 08-27-2004, 10:13 AM
8 second mod

Im running the NOSzle kit, the universal kit with 4 noids ex, very nice, looks nast, and makes POWER!!!!!
Old 08-27-2004, 01:38 PM
TECH Resident

On my LS1 car I'm running the NX Wet kit with the Shark Nozzle. I picked it over the MAF kit not due to price, but due to the fact that I want to hide as much as possible, the shark nozzle was the easiest wet kit to hide. I really like it.

On my SBC in my GMC Diablo I'm running a NOS Proshot Fogger kit on a Super Victor intake with 350 shot jets in it with a 150 shot NOS plate for my second save your *** stage for grudge matches. I picked the proshot fogger kit because of the price and it offered the HP level's that I was looking for. The pro shot was also pretty easy to install. Of course with the plate & the proshot and 3 purges I have 9 Noids under my hood so it looks like something outta frankstein's lab, but it's frickin evil. I know my sig shows that car as having a 300 shot, but now with both stages it's more like a 500 shot and climbing.

I really like my NX stuff, I trust their Ice man noids a lot more than the NOS noids on the Pro Shot & I like the design of their bottle nut, but the NOS bottles with the new valves seem to me like a better flowing design? But that's just my small little opinion.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not much of a carburator guy myself. but I do know when peole are comparing the 4bbl plate systems, the height of the NX plates is often too high and they end-up going with a NOS or Edelbrock system just because there a little thinner.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

i had a nx maf kit on my WS6 and loved it. now i have a TNT F2 kit on my Zo6 since you there is not a maf kit for the vettes (yet).
Old 08-28-2004, 09:12 AM
TECH Veteran

I use the F1 TNT kit. Mid 10's all day on a 150 shot. Just ordered the 200 and 250 jets. Per a source, the F1 kit will handle up to 250 jets. They just will not take a responsibility if it fails, that's why they sale only the 75,100,150 jets with the F1 kit.

David
Old 08-28-2004, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

I run a homebrew setup using NX solenoids and a slot car plate.

My first kit was a NX single nozzle kit because at the time it was general concensus that it was the best. If I were to buy one now, it'd be the same thing. (I guess it helps that I'm a distributor :o )
Old 08-28-2004, 10:50 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ricky,

I ended up buying the Piranha direct port setup from Jon Phillips. A couple of the guys I crewed with for NSCA and local stuff all had NX stuff. I basically picked NX because those guys would in turn be able to help me out as well.

Overall the kit was nice. However I did not like the hard lines. With the small real estate that we have under the hood I did not want to have jet changes become 3 hour ordeals. I switched everything over to -3 AN instead. From there I had to find a way to mount the rails. After I had that all figured out, everything else was pretty easy. I used a stand alone fuel system for this as well.

Overall I'm very satisfied with the results. Things I would change on the kit would include using shower heads instead of the rails. And finding a different way to mount the distribution blocks and the solenoids. I spray 300+ on the motor, so the NXL is definitely not for me. Some of the issues as far as mounting and packaging are definitely taken care of with the NXL. Beyond those issues I've found that everything works very well together.

Thanks for the support and great products!
Old 08-28-2004, 04:58 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

I would like to thank yall for posting your systems and comments. If anyone else has input please do so, This is the way I can determine were NX needs to work on.
Again Thanks
Ricky
Old 08-29-2004, 06:55 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ricky, I wonder if there would be enough interest to make marketing a stand alone fuel system worth while. There are some great write up on how to make your own (DERTY) But an actual manufacturer as yourself may be able market one cheaper than we could piece one together. Plus I think alot of people shy away from mods they cant purchase turnkey. Which could open this market up.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:18 PM
TECH Junkie

NX single shark nozzle kit with a 150 shot here. Price is always a factor when choosing products, but runs second to quality. Always have heard good things regarding the quality of NX solenoids and there's plenty of World Street Nat guys I've seen run with your equipment to back it up.

Koolrayz is on to something though, market a turn key stand alone fuel system and you'll have some buyers lined up.

Shoot me a PM and let me know if my kit will take any bigger of a shot.

Eric