Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom dry setup questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 12:27 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Custom dry setup questions

I'm rigging up a dry kit for my car out of a NOS 5176 LT1 dry kit. I plan to only use the bottle, feed line, one of the NOS solenoids (no reason for both of them right?) and the fan spray nozzle from the kit. I want to poke the nozzle up thru the front of the air filter and point it backwards straight at the MAF. This would be simple and easy to keep somewhat concealed. This places the nozzle about 10-12" from the MAF, does anyone see a problem with setting up the nozzle like this? I thought about getting an extra nozzle and spraying one from each corner of the air filter similar to the 5177 (except this would be all concealed under the filter) to get better distribution but I'm not sure if it's necessary.

I plan to run a 100 shot max. with it coming on when I hit 2nd gear. I'll be wiring it up thru a window switch, 2-step, FPSS, WOT switch and finally a switch that comes on/off when I shift 1-2. I need some ideas on how to make it activate when I shift to 2nd gear. I was thinking of rigging up a switch on the shifter somehow.

Thanks for any help!

Craig
Old 09-17-2004, 05:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

use a microswitch similar to the WOT switch.
Old 09-18-2004, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

Call NOS for this nozzle setup, When the kits first came out they had a problem running the nozzle pointed directly at the mass air but I forget the details, I have a 5177 kit and it works very well. I beleive the n2o was freezing the meter and injecting it to the side let it warm up enough not to do this.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my nozzle is stuck through the filter about 2 inches from one side of the filter, then angled over towards the MAF. Mine is wired with just a window switch and WOT switch.

It's worked well enough for me spraying a 175 shot.

as for the 1st gear disable... Get a microswitch like the WOT switch that still has all 3 terminals. One switched terminal is for normally open, the other is normally closed.
Old 09-19-2004, 12:23 PM
BMN
TECH Apprentice

1fastWS6, gimme a PM. I have good way to stop your N2O in first.