Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Gemini MAF kit… Need a little help…

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 01:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NX Gemini MAF kit… Need a little help…

I opened up my NX MAF kit I received from Nitrous Outlet and laid all the part out to start the install following the instructions included with the kit.

Everything looked good and was going as planned until it was time to mount and plumb the solenoids. The fuel solenoid actually is the one in question as I cant see how it attaches to the fuel rail. I only have three lines, one feed line, one N20 line and one fuel line. In the picture of the kit from nitrousexpress.com there are four lines, all of the ones above plus a main fuel line that goes from the fuel rail to the fuel solenoid.

However, I did find a picture of a NX MAF install on the forum that had the fuel solenoid attached directly to the end of the fuel rail via some fittings (not included as I could tell).

So am I just missing a ton of parts? Or am I not following instructions?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Jeremy
Old 09-18-2004, 01:21 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you are missung a line, mine came with a -4 line that went from the rail to the solenoid (see pic). I wouldnt want to hang the solenoid right off the fuel rail but some people do it.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your missing an AN-4 hose, it's not uncommon from NX, their quality control sux. Call whoever you bought the kit from and they should have NX send it directly to you.
Old 09-19-2004, 07:05 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your missing a line. You should have 2 -4 lines and 2 -3 lines. Give us a call and we will send it out to you. We all make mistake from time to time. Please make sure that it is not in the bottom on the box. You are looking for a 18" -4 line with red bnuts.
Ricky

Originally Posted by jermstyle
I opened up my NX MAF kit I received from Nitrous Outlet and laid all the part out to start the install following the instructions included with the kit.

Everything looked good and was going as planned until it was time to mount and plumb the solenoids. The fuel solenoid actually is the one in question as I cant see how it attaches to the fuel rail. I only have three lines, one feed line, one N20 line and one fuel line. In the picture of the kit from nitrousexpress.com there are four lines, all of the ones above plus a main fuel line that goes from the fuel rail to the fuel solenoid.

However, I did find a picture of a NX MAF install on the forum that had the fuel solenoid attached directly to the end of the fuel rail via some fittings (not included as I could tell).

So am I just missing a ton of parts? Or am I not following instructions?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Jeremy