Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

low CR with n2o ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low CR with n2o ?

Sup guys , i'm probably changing my plans of f1 procharger and put nitrous direct port on it . My motor is an APE 408 9.1 to 1 compresion . It has callies crank , callies rods , diamond piston , ARP main studs , L19 heads , APE race heads , ATI superdamper , blablabla . So the motor should be able to handle some nitrous . But what i would like to know is about how nitrous react with low compresion . Does it mean i could run more nitrous with 93 octane ? Would my truck run weak without nitrous on this low compresion ? I actualy wouldn't think so cause it had an 4.3L with 9.2 compresion and was running fine . But i ask because i have an 242/248 , 6xx/6xx lift , 114 lobe sep so it should kill the low end torque i asume and more because of the low low compresion . But i think because of the bigger CI it should still work fine . mikeK make like 500 rwhp with the same combo but with 11.1 compresion with the same heads . How much less hp would i make with the compresion i have ? Would it drop like 80 rwhp ? so probably around 400 rwhp NA ?
Thanx
Old 09-19-2004, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

The low compression will cost a few percent of total power or a given amount of oxygen, but will allow you to run a lot more nitrous so that's ok.

The truck wont run weak in the least. The big cam will hurt low RPM power slightly, as will the low compression, but a small shot off the line would more than make up for it. Even without nitrous, the extra displacement will help a lot more with low RPM Torque than the cam or compression hurt.

For comparison's sake, going from 11:1 to 7.7:1 on my blown motor cost me 50hp (it made 350rwhp at 11:1, 300rwhp at 7.7:1 (with no boost).

Steve
Old 09-19-2004, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

Thanx man , thats what i wanted to hear .