Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie Questions (used search)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Questions (used search)

Well got the 2001 z m6 54,000k in the shop getting most of the bolt ons right now along with fuel pump. Gonna have a 224/224 cam installed with a set of stage 2 5.7tea heads in a couple of months(still saving). However, i planned on goin with some nitrous as well. Very unfamiliar with the stuff. Not gonna ask how much is safe blah blah but im gonna be running a 100 dry shot to start and sticking their until i decide to get all forged. Im a bit confused on all the different swithes ans stuff. Gonna use the best dry kit available(tnt or nx). Was wondering the best/safest way to activate it would be. I like the push button but dont want to hit the rev limiter or let off gas and make a boom, and dont want to be driving a pass somone at wot and have the nitrous go off niether. My question is with keeping this in mind what is the best way to spray/activate the nitrous in a 6 speed. Dont want to acidently spray while shifting either. Can i have a swithc to activate the wot window so that the wot nitrous only comes on with a certain switch. ex. without switch is na all the time even at wot, then with switch activated na till wot then nitrous? Sorry for the long post, but i need to learn from the most knowledgable
Old 10-04-2004, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would deff. get your heads and cam done first and see how that power feels to you, i'm sure it will be a good little jump. But you will need a window switch for your nitrous system, as well as a WOT switch. As far as I know NX and TNT make wet kits not dry, and I would reccomend wet over dry.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

o thought they made a dry kit as well. any other info
Old 10-05-2004, 05:08 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Call Nitro Daves for the dry kit. As far as wiring goes a window switch is a must on any nitrous car. If you want a push button wire it in line through a full throttle switch. Then you have to be at full throttle, push a button, and be in window switches parameters before the system can work. The reason for the full throttle switch is ( YOU WILL ALWAYS LIFT YOUR FOOT, BUT YOU MIGHT FORGET TO MOVE YOUR THUMB OFF THE BOTTON).
Ricky

Originally Posted by c4hybrid2007
Well got the 2001 z m6 54,000k in the shop getting most of the bolt ons right now along with fuel pump. Gonna have a 224/224 cam installed with a set of stage 2 5.7tea heads in a couple of months(still saving). However, i planned on goin with some nitrous as well. Very unfamiliar with the stuff. Not gonna ask how much is safe blah blah but im gonna be running a 100 dry shot to start and sticking their until i decide to get all forged. Im a bit confused on all the different swithes ans stuff. Gonna use the best dry kit available(tnt or nx). Was wondering the best/safest way to activate it would be. I like the push button but dont want to hit the rev limiter or let off gas and make a boom, and dont want to be driving a pass somone at wot and have the nitrous go off niether. My question is with keeping this in mind what is the best way to spray/activate the nitrous in a 6 speed. Dont want to acidently spray while shifting either. Can i have a swithc to activate the wot window so that the wot nitrous only comes on with a certain switch. ex. without switch is na all the time even at wot, then with switch activated na till wot then nitrous? Sorry for the long post, but i need to learn from the most knowledgable
Old 10-05-2004, 05:52 PM
12 Second Truck Club

the other alternative to a push button, is an activation switch which must be turned on before the nitrous will activate, same as a push button, you just don't have to hold the button. switch not turned on, no nitrous
Old 10-06-2004, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

which company makes the best dry kit for ls1s then? I swear NX and TNT made a dry shot kit. I jsut want a kit that will amke about as close to rwhp numbers as advertised(like nx or tnt)
Old 10-06-2004, 03:34 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Like NXRICKY said, call Nitro Dave for the dry kit.