Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whos using NOS kit 5177?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 11:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Whos using NOS kit 5177?

I had a question concerning this kit and was wondering if anybody had experienced it as well.

My system was running fine at the track one afternooon, and the last run that I made it did not work for some reason.

The bottle was definately full and at appropriate pressure, nitrous was getting past the solenoids, and still does i believe, but for some reason its not kicking in.

Perhaps I jacked up my MAF? if so how come no lights have come on in cluster indicating so

Perhaps its the solenoids?
it also has a purge system, perhaps water got into the line and something happened there?

well any help would be highly appreciated, sorry for making this such a long post, but tryin to get this problem fixed and doing it myself, thanks again.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:30 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bottle might only have air left in it. How many #'s are left in it? Take the bottle out set it in a vertical position open the valve and see if it has liquid come out. I have seen as much as 5# of air in my 15# bottle
Old 10-08-2004, 10:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Did you check you WOT activating switch (by TB) ?
Old 10-08-2004, 11:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The activation switch is definately hitting, thats what i thought it was at first, but it could have been that it did have that much air in it.

Ill let the crap loose, and see if I go elsewhere

also, do you guys have pressure gauges, well anyways, i have the glycerin filled one and it spilled out, do you guys think its necessary for it to be in there or not?

thanks highly appreciated
Old 10-08-2004, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best way to check to see if you're still getting nitrous through your jets is to flip your arming switch, open your bottle, pop your hood (with the car OFF), open up your air box as far as you can, then push the WOT switch with your finger. If nitrous comes out, you're good. If no nitrous comes out but you can hear the solenoids open and you can hear air coming through your jets, your bottle is empty.