Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS Style Flare Jets

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOS Style Flare Jets

Pardon me folks, I lurk around here, and in the past this forum has helped with sources for nitrous related hardware like the NX PDA Maximizer, a Dyno Tune bottle heater, etc.

I'm looking for flare jets in single size increments.

.017, .018, .019,.020, .021

The even number jets are easy enough to find, but odd number jets are a bit tougher.

Who stocks a good selection of jets, including the smaller odd number sizes?

My car is not an LS1, but GM. It's a FWD 4 cyl car running 11.70, with a 100 shot. I'm a bit concerned that jumping two sizes at a pop with the fuel jet may be a bit much for a 160 HP port fogged 4 cylinder. At the moment it's jetted 22-26 per NOS instructions, but terribly rich (Rich pops, blake smoke, etc.).

The kit is a NOS Race port Fogger and the FJO wide band connected to the Maximizer is showing low really low A/F numbers. The A/F's just get worse as the controller brings in the nitrous.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, I'm trying to avoid paying $10 each for jets, from the likes of Summit or Jegs. Summit has them, but that's more than double the price from Dynotune. Just looking for more cost effective alternatives.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

You can always get a Nos Jet Drill Kit, they are nice you can make whatever size you need, plus you can check all your exsisting jets to make sure they are the correct size, I have seen some jets off quite a bit from what they were supposed to be.

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLin.../JetDrill.html
Old 10-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Thanks,

Hadn't thought of that.... and a good idea.

I've got plenty of jets, just not the correct sizes I need.