Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With Bottle Warmer

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With Bottle Warmer

I have a NOS Brand Bottle warmer. I do not want to use the thermostat because it shuts off before it gets to the right pressure. Does anyone know what I have to do to take it off but allow the heater to still work. When I unplugged it, it won’t let me turn it on anymore. Thanks
Old 12-16-2004, 07:19 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Before I got my DynoTune adjustable pressure switch, I had my NOS heater wired to straight switched power (fused of course). Positive and Negative, that's all it takes. Then you have to watch your pressure constantly, turn the heater on and off, etc...
Old 12-16-2004, 08:23 PM
10 Second Club

All you have to do is connect the green wire on the relay to a permanent ground and your good to go.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:25 AM
Teching In

once i connect the green wire on the relay to a ground can i disscount the wires from the thermostat.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:50 AM
10 Second Club

Yep, if I remember right I cut the green wire at the thermostats then connected it to the white ground wire for the heater itself. Just make sure you either solder the connection or use a heavy duty splice or connector. The one NOS sent me melted, I used a posi connector and now everything is good.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:52 PM
Teching In

There is 2 wires that hook into the thremostat if one is green and your saying tie that one into a graund what do i do with the other wire. Thanks. I wish I would of bought a better warmer.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:15 PM
10 Second Club

That other wire should be a good ground. You wired it like the NOS schematic showed, right? If so the green wire is connected on one side of the thermostats then the other is connected to a solid ground. Basicly, all you should have to do is cut out the thermostats and connect the two wires. Do you still have the NOS wiring schematic? I have one here and I can scan it and post it if it would help you.

Basicly for my install I ran one ground wire to the bottle and then split it. One side went the heater and the other to the thermostat. Since my relay is right at the bottle, when I got rid of the stats I cut the ground at the split and connected the green wire right to the ground along with the white ground wire from the heater just to make things look cleaner and simpler. I hope that made sense.

Last edited by GM Muscle; 12-19-2004 at 07:22 PM.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:27 PM
Teching In

I still have it. So all I do is take the 2 wires on the thermostat and put them together. I will try that. Also I saw you have a line lock do you know if anyone makes one for a corvette with all the parts. So all I do is hook it up. And does that involve having to bleed the brakes. Thanks Again.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:43 PM
10 Second Club

Connect those two wires to bypass the stats and you should be good to go. Just keep an eye on the pressure, it can come up fast with a full bottle.

I havn't come across a prebent line kit for the Corvette but I'm sure someone must make them. If I had to do it again I would just by a flaring tool and bender and do the lines myself. You should be able to find all the lines and adapters at the local parts store. You will have to bleed the front brakes after the install. I'm not to familiar with the Corvette brakes set up but I asume the lines go straight from the booster/resvoir to the aluminum ABS block? If so you can bleed the new lines right at the ABS block. What I did, was got all the new lines hooked up and I left the one new fitting at the ABS block loose. Then I pulled the cap off the resvoir, put a rag around the lip of it and just blew gently to force the fluid through the new lines (it will gravity feed by itself but I became inpatient). It then bleeds out at the block, if you tap the lines with your fingers will see all the little bubbles coming out around the fitting. Once you think you have all the air out just tighten up the fitting and you should be good. That's kind of the ghetto way of doing it but it worked great for me since I have to pull my wheels to get to the front bleeders on the calipers.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Teching In

Thanks think i will pass on the line lock and try the bottle heater. Thanks for all your help.