Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TNT F-1 Installed-Good Story Inside!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TNT F-1 Installed-Good Story Inside!

Ok Ive been waiting to install my TNT F-1 kit for like 6 months because I was slowly collecting parts. Digital Window Switch,TPS,FPSS,Dynotune A/F switch(scratch that I couldnt get it to work correctly for me-havent really messed with it that much),Purge Kit,auto bottle warmer, remote opener(is wired but Im gonna have to get a NX valve or bottle regardless of what other have done),digital gauges,and some other small items. I couldnt use the powerring because of the FIPK2 and the stock fans so the two nozzles were tapped directly into the throttle body. I will be taking pics tomorrow. OK here are the results.No 1/4 times untill 2 weeks. So I get the kit installed and Ive sprayed once just on a somewhat busy street so it wasnt but a little tease. LAter that day I get off work and get my bottle warmed up and at 800 I cant stand it anymore so I get onto Interstate and get into it and it was wild! Well towards the end of the spray I hear a loud whap like something ahd popped under the hood. I keep driving but slow down and everything is fine everything. I had dropped a scrwedriver under the hood and I thought it may have finally came free. 5 minutes later I get some gas and when I go to crank it it is making a nasty clicking sound but driving perfect(I didnt push it though) and my buddy and my mechanic(B&M Racing) thought it was a bent pushrod after hearing it. Most of the guys on hear were saying piston(********!lol!)! So I order comp 212-218 cam,comp pushrods,K-Motion springs and a 160-stat and two days later(Today I get everything installled).The pushords were fine,the pistons were fine, rollers,lifters-everything was fine(I had a totally stock internals untill now) He could only make guesses to what it was. The new stuff was installed and the noise/problem is fixed. I only have a small biut of roller chatter but only slightly more than I had after 10k nothing that most of the truck guys dont have. Of course I was basiclly scared to spray it after that but I couldnt resist and it is now a raped ape. I dont plan on spraying again unitll I get my new tune in anyways. So thanks to n20 and the second time spraying I got new internals! Thanks n20 for the Christmas present! Ill post some pics of the install tomorrow it is really cool! CAnt even see anything with the engine cover on!
Old 12-17-2004, 07:56 PM
11 Second Club

you went strait into the tb? Good luck with the next spray hope it goes alright.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tiger2o69
you went strait into the tb? Good luck with the next spray hope it goes alright.

Yeah its before the blade obviously! Are you saying good luck as in that wasnt a good idea? The guy that did my install is somewhat of a LS1 God in this area! Yeah the 1st thing I did when I picked it up is give a little juice and it was nice!
Old 12-17-2004, 11:34 PM
11 Second Club

I saw where you said you were scared to spray again but now I see you already did and it worked fine. Good to hear.
Old 12-18-2004, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

LOL! Yeah Im actually fixing to head over to the dyno right now!