Sponsored by:

Relay wiring diagram (Pics inside) LED indicators

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relay wiring diagram (Pics inside) LED indicators

http://home.att.net/~darkecho/wiring_relays.JPG

that is how i plan on running all of the safety switches in series and still having LEDs that function independantly of eachother so that i can monitor which switch hasnt been closed yet..

once i arm the whole system via the toggle switch at the bottom, the panel will glow three red LEDs, once each switch closes, the red LED will kick off and the green one will activate showing me which switches have yet to be closed..

if you think about it, in series, all of the leds might come on at once and it would be up to the first switch in the series as to whether i would be able to see if the others were on or not... it wouldnt function the way i want is what im saying, all the LEDs would be dependant on the switch before theirs so it wouldnt work, if you dont believe me, draw it up for yourself!

anyways, i posted this for anyone else who plans on using LEDs to show them the switch status, and also if anyone can point me in the direction of an electrical part that might do some of the things i want to do, instead of buying a bunch of relays haha

any better ways to accomplish this? thanks!
Old 12-21-2004, 07:42 PM
BMN
TECH Apprentice

They arn't detailed enough. Tell me what 3 things you want to show off or on and I will draw up a better one.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

IMO...that's just more **** to go wrong. Remember....KISS....
Old 12-21-2004, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

that is crazy and too many relays to Isolate. Why not one main power switch to cantrol every thing but bottle opener? Led's can be used on the "switched" side of the N/O side of the relay that powers that iteam!

Oh and diode isolate the leds!
Old 12-22-2004, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

cause i want a Red LED to show when a switch hasnt been tripped, and i want it to change to green once the switch is closed. if they were in series and the last switch closes, then the second one, all of the green leds would come on at the same time, defeating the purpose of monitoring the switches... that means that if all leds are on, and i let off the WOT switch (first in the series) ALL of the leds will shutoff...

and yes, much more crap that will go wrong, i probably wont do this but i wanted to complete the challenge
Old 12-22-2004, 04:26 PM
BMN
TECH Apprentice

Very dangerous to be looking down while making a pass. I suggest putting them up where you can them while looking ahead. You still didn't tell me what you want indicated. I can tell what the WOT switch is but not the fuel pump looking thing(FPSS?), or the solid black square(Window switch?). I have no imagination, I can only design what others dream up so help me help u.