Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to hide 10lb. NX bottle?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 07:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offaxis
But he got me good and he deserved the win.
I was thinking you got suckered and he was a liar.

I do not see any honor in "hiding" your setup.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyckedcamaro
"BOTTLE" not "boDDle"

And you are a ******* for racing someone straight up and then spraying him. Its people like you that make me sick.

If you want to be a jerk.. go get a honda

Okay you got me because I misspelled bottle. However did you notice that this whole thread is about hiding the nitrous? Maybe you didn't read all the other story's of people hiding the boTTle in the spare tire compartment, or in duffle bags, or inside of their back seats.
You appearently can read but if you would get your boyfriends *** out of your eyes long enough to read everyone's posts you can see the whole thread is about "hiding nitrous"
Maybe you dont have enough common since to realize people that hide the nitrous or in your terms NOSSSSSSSSSSSS, hide it for a reason.
The reason is so noone know's it's there.
The guy I was running was a "all stock" 347 cubic inch, stroker mustang that ran 7.40 in the 1/8 mile. I was headers, exhaust, and a hypertech.
He lied about his setup saying he was all stock like many mustang owners do.
Maybe you also didn't notice the first part of my post where I said **** hiding the nitrous. Damn, for you to make fun of someone else for spelling error's you sure dont read well.
Oh and BTW, Honda boys dont hide anything. In fact they display every little mod they do. Again your common since is defentially not one of your gifts.

Sorry for blowing this thread up, and I am sure it will be closed shortly, however if someone that dosen't know me is going to bash me then I am going to be just immature enough to give it back.
One day when I am 70 maybe I will grow up, but while I am in my mid 20's I will play the lame immature game with this queer.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Banned

first off.. hiding your bottle could be for the fact you dont want a 10 -15 pound bottle laying around the cockpit of your car. Or taking up room where your T-Tops would be and lose that function of the car.

In your post, you failed to mention that the Mustang owner Lied about what he ran. But let me ask you this.. he lied so it makes it ok You did as well? How did you know he lied as you sprayed him? You didnt.. You must have learned he scammed you AFTER the race.

Anyways.. I realize my post was harsh. I take it back. Bad day for me.. and I hate when people lie when the race. It just makes our sport/hobby/living that much more harder to deal with.

Like I said.. I did blow you up and for not really a good enough reason. So, I am man enough to say in public that I am sorry.

Anyways.. as for the "my boyfriends *** in my eye" phrase.. listen to be bud.. I am not Gay, but if I was.. what right do you have to go and use racial (yeah, I said RACIAL) slurs towards a whole community of people.

Again, I am not Gay.. but not need to go out and publically put down a whole bunch of people do to their sexual preference.

This thread got smashed to pieces.. mostly do to me.. So I am going to stop posting in it and let the poor guy get his question answered with none of this nonsense..

Again, I am sorry for being a Jerk myself. But learn how to put someone down without putting a WHOLE nation of people down.

Case Closed
Old 01-04-2005, 09:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Debian Dog
I'm having a hard time understanding the objection here (not picking on you in particular) about cheating when street racing. When I was street racing 40 years ago, all SBCs were 265s, all W blocks were 348s, all Pontiacs were 389s, all Mopars were 383s, etc. Even the big guys that trailered in lied about what they had. That is the way the game was played. It sounds like somewhere along the way the rules were changed and everyone is supposed to be honest about their setup. I don't understand who changed the rules or why they did.

The one big difference I see is NOS - we didn't have it then. Even so, it isn't that hard to find (certainly easier than figuring out how big a guys' SBC is) so that doesn't seem to be sufficient reason.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

one of the main reason to hide the bottle is the police, If they do search you car for what ever reason and if it is illegal in your state to have a hooked up nitrous bottle, man talk about a ticket. but if a cop searches your car whats the likelyhood of searching the spare tire well.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Junkie

if i get a nitrous setup, i may build a center console foe between the rear seats, and mount a 5lb bottle in it. im mainly worried about cops, although fun with rice will be the most often use
Old 01-05-2005, 01:44 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyckedcamaro
first off.. hiding your bottle could be for the fact you dont want a 10 -15 pound bottle laying around the cockpit of your car. Or taking up room where your T-Tops would be and lose that function of the car.

In your post, you failed to mention that the Mustang owner Lied about what he ran. But let me ask you this.. he lied so it makes it ok You did as well? How did you know he lied as you sprayed him? You didnt.. You must have learned he scammed you AFTER the race.

Anyways.. I realize my post was harsh. I take it back. Bad day for me.. and I hate when people lie when the race. It just makes our sport/hobby/living that much more harder to deal with.

Like I said.. I did blow you up and for not really a good enough reason. So, I am man enough to say in public that I am sorry.

Anyways.. as for the "my boyfriends *** in my eye" phrase.. listen to be bud.. I am not Gay, but if I was.. what right do you have to go and use racial (yeah, I said RACIAL) slurs towards a whole community of people.

Again, I am not Gay.. but not need to go out and publically put down a whole bunch of people do to their sexual preference.

This thread got smashed to pieces.. mostly do to me.. So I am going to stop posting in it and let the poor guy get his question answered with none of this nonsense..

Again, I am sorry for being a Jerk myself. But learn how to put someone down without putting a WHOLE nation of people down.

Case Closed

You sir are forgiven.
I will also apoligize for what I said.
In response to you saying I should learn how to put someone down without puting down a WHOLE nation of people is crazy for you to say. You preach this to me yet you told me I should buy a civic. Is that not the same thing?
I make fun of you in a gay since, and you make fun of my by puting down everyone that has a civic.
Anyways just wanted to throw that point out to you.
Quick question, what if there is a Gay Civic owner?
Man we both dissed on him.
Anyways the person asking the question got a honest answer from me, and from you as well.
Sorry I reacted the way I did, but really there was no reason for your comments.
Cool thing is we are both Man enough to move on.
I am sure we will see eachother around on the boards, and by tomorrow I will forget this ever happened.
Now on for some more reading and learning because that is what this site is about.
BTW. I knew the Mustang was cheeting.
I watched him race the 1/8 mile 2 weeks before our race.
The reason we raced is because he ran a 7.41 and I asked him what was done to the car. He said it was bone stock with a chip, and exhaust.
I called him a liar and we went from there.
(This was a 1990 V8 mustang, the ones who ran like 16's in the 1/4)
Sorry again.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

does anyone have pics of their installs?? that would help me out alot thanks
Old 02-07-2005, 06:13 AM
10 Second Club

here is some pics of my 15 lbs in the spare tire. as you can see the only thing hidden is the bottle and that's for cosmetic reason. it just looks cleaner. as i've seen some posts here that alot of people seem to think its "cheating" or ricer. the only thing thats cheating or ricer is when you tell someone you don't have it and you really do but if they are some dumb that they don't look at your car before they run then they are about dumb. there are only so many place to hide it and they have all been posted i believe.

the only true hidden set up i've heard of is a under the intake plumbed kit with a 10 lbs bottle in the glove box.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/268335-lt1-install-complete-w-pics.html
Old 02-07-2005, 08:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by offaxis
I dont know if i would concider that hidden becasue that is the first place everyone wants to look for a bottle when I race. EVERYONE knows that spot and look there right away. ATleast that if you are running for money. For free runs that spot would be fine .
You hit it right on the money.
That spot is so old everybody that races knows that if they race ta's or camaro's.

I say mount it out where it looks good. Screwem if they got a problem with your bottle.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:49 AM
TECH Addict

ill get you some pics when i get home today. the only reason i hid everything inside my cab of my car is because i like it when everything looks stock. i dont like seeing gauges, wires, switches all spread out all over the car because it makes it look cheap. if it looks stock then ok, but most stuff doesnt. now, when you pop my hood nothing is hidden, just two huge soleniods (sp) sitting right on top of my intake. if someone doesnt ask, then they dont need to know. run what you brought. my .02
Old 02-08-2005, 12:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Debian Dog
I was thinking you got suckered and he was a liar.

Honor? Street Racing??!

Dude incase you didnt know: When it comes to street racing, nobody gives a **** about honor if they know that their bluff is going to make $$$ unless of course Paul Walker is there in his green Eclipse

welcome
Old 02-08-2005, 11:12 PM
11 Second Club

Blah..blah. Run what you brung. Just don't deny what you are bringing to the table. Hidden? Sure. Stealthy. Honest/upfront, yes. N20? Yeah sure. Painted the bottle to match the car, want to see? 125 shot wet.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:00 AM
10 Second Club

i hid my 15 lb tall skinny style bottle under the dash, i removed the kicker pannel below the drivers side {above the pedals, gas brake clutch) and made brakets out of cold rolled steel cut into 2' in wide strips about 16' inches long then reinserted the kicker pannel and you could never even tell it was there, and ohh yeah the bottle could be opened by sliding the change draw/ash tray deal out and the valve was right there. it was more in the center behind the council and a few inches into the passenger side under dash. it was for the cops, if anyone asked if i had nos for a race i would show them the plate (if i even raced). and yes i do realize having a nitrous bottle by your legs is dangerous but oh well. thats my place to hid it, dont know if it would work in a new camaro.. i have an 81 and it worked fine with a little wiring manuevering
Old 02-09-2005, 12:02 AM
10 Second Club

and if anyone wants to know the usuall spray is a 175 wetshot, but i have gone no jets lines only before(est 260)
Old 02-09-2005, 01:14 AM
Banned

a good place to hide the nitrous on a ta is by the front bumper under the passanger headlight, you cant see it either unless you have the head light up
Old 02-09-2005, 11:40 AM
Launching!

A couple of pics in the spare tire compartment...

With the bottle opener and blanket:

Brackets:

Still looks stock.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

I mounted mine between the back seats. I like it there b/c if I want to race I dont have to get out of my car to open the bottle.

Later
Daniel

Quick Reply: How to hide 10lb. NX bottle?