Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX tech tip ( mounting the bottle)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Magic Chicken
Whatever you can do to make the siphon tube the rear most part of the bottle will be advantageous. That way when accelerating the nitrous will be pushed towards the siphon tube and keep it fully submerged.
Perfect
Ricky
Old 01-12-2005, 11:34 PM
Restricted User

Ricky, how often would you recommend emptying the bottle fully, removing the valve and cleaning out the bottle, followed of course by vacuuming out the bottle before filling? I had a lot of **** get into the bottles from the fill station getting dirty cylinders, I would run my bottle empty and go thru this proceedure to help keep the filter from getting clogged up so quickly.

Charlie
Old 01-13-2005, 08:53 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by CAT3
Ricky, how often would you recommend emptying the bottle fully, removing the valve and cleaning out the bottle, followed of course by vacuuming out the bottle before filling? I had a lot of **** get into the bottles from the fill station getting dirty cylinders, I would run my bottle empty and go thru this proceedure to help keep the filter from getting clogged up so quickly.

Charlie
Do you have a filter between the pump and the bottles?
Old 01-13-2005, 09:15 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by CAT3

Charlie
Will taking the valve out and having toa gain clean the inside of a nitrous bottle is the extreme. But I would use our large nitrous filter and your guys pump station. Put the filter between the pump and your bottle, making sure the filter is in the proper flow direction. Now once the bottle is empty just burp a bit on nitrous out. This will clean the filter now turn it around. Now the flow is from the bottle. This always keeps any debris from getting into your bottle and into your system.I will touch base on this next weeks tech tip.
Ricky
Old 01-13-2005, 10:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone have some pictures of a sideways bottle mount in an F-Body? Would like to see some for comparision's sake if possible.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 86 IROC
Does anyone have some pictures of a sideways bottle mount in an F-Body? Would like to see some for comparision's sake if possible.
What a coincidence. I was just going to post these pics to see what everyone's thoughts were.

I first had it mounted straight sideways at a 15* angle. I just changed it so it's at more on an angle up/down and I also turned the bottle so the top is angled towards the front of the car (trying to get the syphon hose to be at the furthest point to the rear). I am also going to make sure I tighten the bottle down with the valve turned a little towards the rear as stated earlier in this thread.

So, what are your thoughts?

Old 01-13-2005, 10:21 PM
10-Second Club

Anyone gots pics of how it should look in the tire well? I have a 10# NX bottle.

Quick Reply: NX tech tip ( mounting the bottle)