Sponsored by:

Enrichment fuel supply for LS1

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Enrichment fuel supply for LS1

Hi All,

I'm still learning about N2O and modern EFI applications. I had an old Marvin Miller plate system on a carbed motor many years ago.

I've built the fuel system on my Cobra project to keep up with any mods I do in the future. It's a full return system with 1/2" main line and a 3/8" return. I've made billet fuel rails and I'm running a SARD adjustable fuel reg. I built a swirl pot set up and there are 2x stock LS1 fuel pumps inside it (just the pumps, no regs or anything).

I've been thinking lately about running a wet system on my internally stock motor. Just 100-150HP shot, perhaps a 2 stage setup.

The thing I'm wondering about is the enrichment supply. Do you need a seperate system and fuel pump or is it safe enough to just tap into the main supply? I figure my fuel system should have enough headroom.

If you use the High pressure fuel supply do you have to run an extra regulator for the enrichment jets or are they calibrated to run at the same pressure as the injectors?

Are there special nozels for EFI applications or are the regular carburetor style nozels OK?

Thanks

Michael
Old 01-13-2005, 02:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

usually you could just buy a kit from a top seller like NX or TNT,and you should be good to go.you can use the stock fuel pressure,and or pumps.BUT you could always do a fuel cell w/high-octane fuel,for the spray;thats what i plan on doing in the near future.