Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TR6 idle problems in d

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 02:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TR6 idle problems in d

Hello yall i just had tr6 plugs gapped 35 put in my car. Ever since then when i am at a stop the car seems to somtimes idle like this rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble click click rumble rumble rumble click rumble rumble. The click is kinda like a studder. When i put my hand by the exhaust tips i feel air pressure normal but when it clicks i feel it threw the exhaust tip our cutout. it will idle good for awhile and then the rpms go up and down it makes like a click sound from the exhaust tips our kinda like a small pop.The rpms drop up and down a little and the oil pressure gauge moves up and down and while this is happening the interior lights start to dim a little then go back up follwing the motion. What could the problem be? Car seems to drive ok. When i am in Park the car idles perfect. This only happens when i am in D. The car still seems powerful. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you for your time!
Old 01-21-2005, 03:12 PM
10 Second Club

Alot of people seem to have this problem with the TR6s. My car always ran rougher with them at idle when in D also (almost feels like the car is loading up at idle). I have a set in my Silverado too and sometimes on a cold start it will want to die and of course the same idle issue. Never had that problem with either vehicle until switching to the TR6s. Other than checking your plug wires and all that I don't think there is much you can do other than switch back to a hotter plug or maybe open up the gap alittle.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:41 AM
Launching!

Very common issue with TR-6s. My car does it all the time, we have many customer cars running TR-6s they all do the same thing. Dipps to about 600 rpm then comes back up and stabilizes. I imagine with an auto the problem would be magnified a bit. Nothing to worry about really.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Sae thing here for the past 2 years, but what to do. As mentionned above it is more pronounced with shorter gaps. I have mine at .040 and it is a little better, of course my 116 lsa cam helps.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

same here, if youre not squeezing a couple of time a week TR6's foul really easy.
they also have been discontinued.

Tom
Old 01-23-2005, 08:53 AM
Staging Lane

I have the same problem but i use the 7's. after a while you wont even notice it.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:46 PM
WOT
TECH Apprentice

Are there any other brands that are being used with good results?
Old 01-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tom's_SS
same here, if youre not squeezing a couple of time a week TR6's foul really easy.
they also have been discontinued.

Tom
Since when? We go through those things at the rate of about 16 plugs/wk. I haven't heard of them being discontinued.?