Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Nitrous & Purging

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 05:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Nitrous & Purging

I wanted to know how you guys have your setup when you purge and it comes out near the bottom of the windshield and purges straight up into the air?

Can someone tell me how that is setup. What kind of parts do i need? Can i use a hose and run it up there or does it need to be a metallic hose for the purge line?

I have the purge but it exits my car through the front. Becuase that little line that came with the purge only reaches down. Doesnt reach all the way up that far. So how do i go about making this happen?

Thanks
Old 02-02-2005, 05:24 PM
TECH Regular

I was going to use 3/16' hard brake line (what I found from searching the board.

I just wonder how you keep water out of it when you have it pointing up like that.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:46 PM
TECH Addict

I'm sure the pressure of the nitrous purging will blow out any water if any does end up getting in the vents. The way I have mine set up is with dual 1/4" copper piping vents out of the cowl. I have not yet tested it because I am still working on my wiring however, and need to fill the bottle. I do not think you need as heavy a duty line as you would need for running the nitrous from the solenoids into the intake because the purge line does not have to hold the pressure. Someone correct me if I am wrong though.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:40 PM
10 Second Club

I used stainless 3/16 tubing l got from nitro dave and drilled a hole through the cowl just right of center, then i cut it flush with the plastic cowl grill. when my buddy did his he didn't want to drill his cowl so he removed the center plastic clip that retains the cowl grill and ran it through there.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

hey thats me !
Old 02-03-2005, 12:03 AM
TECH Resident

Ditto on the 3/16 th brake line. Keith @ RPM just did mine today and that's what he used. He ran the line from the purge sol. p the intake, then through the hole from the center moulding. Looks clean.
I asked about running a soft line to exit somewhere else (thru inlet in Ultra Z hood) but was told, the softer the line, the more the line is gonna flex around as the purge is happening. Thus, not as big a bang...if that makes sense.
As for water or crud in the line, if you are concerned you could go to radio shack and get a plastic cap I'm sure to keep it sealed when your not planning on using it. Just a thought.

Kev
Old 02-03-2005, 12:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a purge noid stick open from rust/gunk that entered in through my purge line over shield. What was happening, was when washing car water was running down purge line and collecting at noid, not good, say good-bye bottle of n2o. See my pic in site for dyno tune bulls nostrill shot over shield.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:16 AM
Launching!

is there anyway to run 2 different purges? like one out in the open to show off and one under the car for sleeper style?
Old 02-03-2005, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shinsetsu
is there anyway to run 2 different purges? like one out in the open to show off and one under the car for sleeper style?

You can run as many as you want you will just have to split the lines. I bought the NX purge kit and since it only comes with a 5" purge tube(stupid ricers) I just went and spent like 3 bucks on 2 feet of 3/16 brake line cut the flares off and strted shaping it--its very easy!
Old 02-03-2005, 10:22 AM
12 Second Club

I used the small metal tubing that came with the NOS purge valve kit. It runs parallel to the passenger side fuel rail, then angles off and up through the center of the cowl.

Quick Reply: Question about Nitrous & Purging