Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynotune Bottle Warmer

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dynotune Bottle Warmer

I have the dynotune fully automatic adjustable bottler warmer. Got to test it out yesterday, and my switch light comes on when the switch is armed and the bottle valve is closed and there is no pressure in the line. BUT, when I open the bottle, the switch light turns off. With a little messing around, I found the heater will turn off at anything above 450psi.. So what I am wondering is how exactly do I adjust the pressure? 450psi seems pretty low for the switch to come dialed in at. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You just turn the screw to set for a higher pressure (right off the valve that goes after the bottle, before the line). I believe you turn it counter clock-wise to allow for lower pressure. If you don't get a DEFINATE answer, I'll dig up my instructions. If you bought it new, the directions do a great job of explaining how much to turn to dial in your pressure. You obviously have a guage, so with the gauge, dial it in. Mine is set for 1150psi. When you hear it click on than off, you will know it reached the pressure setting. Also, I believe you are supposed to keep the bottle open with a proper installation *(I'm pretty sure you can install it a different way, before the valve, so that you don't have to keep the bottle open, but it's no recommended)

Last edited by 5.8litrels1eater; 02-06-2005 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Poik,
Here is the section of our directions that show you how to adjust the bottle heater. It sounds as though the screw is turned totally counter clockwise. The switch adjusts from 500PSI to 1250PSI so it sounds like that may be the issue. If you still have an issue just let us know and we will do whatever we can to help you out.

Using and Adjusting the Warmer
1) You are ready to test your Bottle warmer! Follow all the directions and warnings for proper operation.
2) Make sure your blow down tube and Pressure Gauge are installed.
3) Open the nitrous bottle valve.
4) Verify the pressure at the bottle via the Gauge
5) Turn on the bottle warmer
6) Watch the pressure rise; it should go up to about 975 PSI then slowly cycle down to 925 PSI over time. If you notice the bottle heater never shuts off, or the pressure is much higher than 1000psi, shut off the Warmer and check all the wiring.
7) If you would like to make an adjustment to the pressure at which the bottle warmer will keep the bottle then adjust the screw that is located between the two terminals on the Nitrous Pressure Switch.
a. Clockwise increases bottle pressure
b. Counter Clockwise decreases bottle pressure.

Warning!! Do not turn the screw more than a ¼ turn at a time otherwise you may not know where the set point is. Always check your adjustments with your Nitrous Pressure Gauge.

Warning!! The valve on your bottle must be turned on for the bottle warmer to operate and control the Warmer. If the valve is left closed and the Warmer is on it will never shut off and the bottle tempeture/pressure will become extreme possibly resulting is the bottles over pressure safety disk bursting releasing the Nitrous out of the bottle. Nitrous will burn your skin! You must run a blow down tube that connects to the bottle Burst disk and vent the tube outside per NHRA rules to be a safe installation. You must use a pressure Gauge to verify and make adjustments to the Nitrous Pressure Switch. The Bottle Warmer may reach temperatures greater than 300 degrees f, be careful as this can burn your skin!

Dean
Old 02-06-2005, 01:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Guys,
Just a reminder you can find the full instructions on our website if you misplaced your copy. Just click on the Instructions Button on the top left of our home page.

Dean

Quick Reply: Dynotune Bottle Warmer