Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what do i need for my 5.3L Silvy

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 08:25 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do i need for my 5.3L Silvy

i am wanting to put a NOS kit on the silvy but i want to make sure that i get everything needed the first time. which would be better to run a dry or wet shot and i know i will not be spraying over 100 shot because of stock internals. can some of you guys that have done this type install let me know if i have any suprises coming my way when i put the kit on. or are there any suggestions that someone wants to make?

look at this FS post and tell me if this could be used or adapted to my aplication and if it is a good deal?

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20174

Last edited by Black Iced 02; 02-09-2005 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

I went with a wet kit because if I ever wanted to spray a real big shot I would want to do so with a wet kit and all I would have to do is upgrade. If I were you I would at least get a TNT or NX wet kit,automatic bottle warmer(Dynotune or NX),Window Switch(MSD Digital is really nice),TPS switch(traditional WOT wont work on our trucks because of the electronic TB)and FPSS(fuel presure safety switch) for safety. I went with a purge setup,remote opener,and gauges but you can always add that stuff later. In my case I just started buying everything piece by piece untill I had everything and then installed but I wasnt really in a hurry.Also I bought everything except the kit,TPS,and gauges on eBay brand new for cheap but the sponsors all can ehlp as well! Here is my setup-
http://community.webshots.com/user/bayouballer187
Old 02-09-2005, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TigerFan187
I went with a wet kit because if I ever wanted to spray a real big shot I would want to do so with a wet kit and all I would have to do is upgrade. If I were you I would at least get a TNT or NX wet kit,automatic bottle warmer(Dynotune or NX),Window Switch(MSD Digital is really nice),TPS switch(traditional WOT wont work on our trucks because of the electronic TB)and FPSS(fuel presure safety switch) for safety. I went with a purge setup,remote opener,and gauges but you can always add that stuff later. In my case I just started buying everything piece by piece untill I had everything and then installed but I wasnt really in a hurry.Also I bought everything except the kit,TPS,and gauges on eBay brand new for cheap but the sponsors all can ehlp as well! Here is my setup-
http://community.webshots.com/user/bayouballer187
how much do you have in your set up?
Old 02-10-2005, 07:04 AM
13 Second Truck Club

anyone else?
Old 02-10-2005, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheLadiesMan
how much do you have in your set up?
EWWW! Lets see for everything Ive bought for this setup-replacemnt hoses and fittings,and all the components I have about $1200-$1300 in it. Here is a list of the stuff I have TNT-F1,NX purge kit(eBay),DynoTune bottle warmer, NX TPS,
MSD Digital WS(eBay),NOS FPSS(eBay),NX 3 switch panel(eBay),N20 Filter, NX remote bottle opener(eBay),DynoTune Air/Fuel switch with digital A/F ratio gauge(displays in millivolts)***not using the A/F switch anymore just gauge***(ebay), DynoTune digital n20 pressure gauge,Autometer full pillar dual gauge pod painted,blowdown tube,NGK TR-6's,and some odd and end hsoes and fittings here and there. All the stuff I go on ebay was unused but some of the items packaging had been opened but eerything was new and working. I saved a good amount of money using ebay and the rest I used sponsors!
Old 02-10-2005, 09:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would put a single nozzle NX kit on it with a GENX2 and a window switch.You can do all this for about a 1,000.
Dave