Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which is safer 100 Shot Wet or Dry

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nic00Z28M6
Quick, everybody run out and run a 250 dry shot on your stock injectors! The threads in this section have been good entertainment the last few days I must admit.
No there's just so much blatant misunderstanding of nitrous and the LS1 fueling systems it's hillarious. Too many people buy kits and read magazines and are scared. What would you like me to say? The guy was just plain wrong and I have proof.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:35 PM
7 Second Club

Received 314 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Homeslice (tm)
No there's just so much blatant misunderstanding of nitrous and the LS1 fueling systems it's hillarious. Too many people buy kits and read magazines and are scared. What would you like me to say? The guy was just plain wrong and I have proof.
I don't care what you say, I am not going to get into a pissing match. I am just going to sit back and laugh. That is all.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:52 PM
Launching!

Who told you i was doing this work myself.. Why do it, I don't have the time, when i can affort to have it done- And done right!

Just like to confirm and verify every i do ... Also thier a thing called learning.

Nic00Z28M6,
Your right it has been entertaining.

Last edited by jz06man; 02-15-2005 at 04:07 PM. Reason: error
Old 02-15-2005, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nic00Z28M6
I don't care what you say, I am not going to get into a pissing match. I am just going to sit back and laugh. That is all.
Heads / Cam, Bottle, Mods list a mile long.... 11.28 @ 119 lol Can you say poster child? Believe me, I'm laughing too.
So far all I can get for answers when people spout this crap about dry systems is attitude and a chorus of avoidance. You heard the man, he does not own a nitrous system and has never run it on his car but you jump down my throat for questioning his tech advice??? Boy here I thought this site might have some real technical knowledge to share.

Originally Posted by jz06man
You told you i was doing this work myself..
Just like to comfirm and verify every i do ... Also thier a thing called learning.
Good. The hundred dry shot will work fine for you and it should feel great. The install will take you no time at all and there really isn't a heck of a lot you would have to have checked out. If you push the button and the solenoid opens then you are golden.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:13 PM
7 Second Club

Heads / Cam, Bottle, Mods list a mile long.... 11.28 @ 119 lol Can you say poster child? Believe me, I'm laughing too.
So far all I can get for answers when people spout this crap about dry systems is attitude and a chorus of avoidance. You heard the man, he does not own a nitrous system and has never run it on his car but you jump down my throat for questioning his tech advice??? Boy here I thought this site might have some real technical knowledge to share.
I see you are easily as amused as I. You got me!
Old 02-15-2005, 04:46 PM
Launching!

I do agree that generally speaking a dry shot is safer than a wet shot. This is my opinion however, even though I feel I have more than enough facts to back it up. But, seeing as how you have a heads/cam/bolt-on zo6 and you don't want to purchase injectors, I'd have to say to go wet. Like you said, with a wet kit the only part of the fuel system that may need to be upgraded is the pump. Your injectors are perfectly fine with your setup on motor right now too. If you don't mind purchasing injectors however, I'd definately recommend the dry shot but do not do a dry shot on your stock injectors with your current setup.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:50 PM
Launching!

Homeslice, do you know anything about his car, his setup, anything??? You laugh at him for his times but whos to say they werent pulled off at 4000ft???? You are an ignorant ***. Like they said in the other thread, you didnt do anything impressive-250shot on a vette and still in the 11's
Old 02-15-2005, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TripleBlackRamAirT/A
Homeslice, do you know anything about his car, his setup, anything??? You laugh at him for his times but whos to say they werent pulled off at 4000ft???? You are an ignorant ***. Like they said in the other thread, you didnt do anything impressive-250shot on a vette and still in the 11's
Firebird International Raceway, Chandler,Arizona... not 4000' on Mar 04 2004, that woulda meant pretty good air actually.

Any other questions.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Launching!

yeah, what was the da?
Old 02-15-2005, 05:55 PM
7 Second Club

Haha, he can believe whatever he wants to. If I cared I would tell him all about those runs back then and what happened and what it runs now but I don't. I didn't post in the same thread he is posting in and not expect a retalitory type of response.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:57 PM
Launching!

I see your point.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

laughing at an 11.28 @119 pass? How can you do that?
Say aren't you that dumb hillbilly (Illinois hills?) that ran 11.0 @127 in 2400 ft DA and on 18" radials busting into the 1.7's 60 fts?

here's some real technical knowledge: learn how to drive!
get some tires or something.
haha

Original poster never said how big of a dry shot he planned in the first post, but hinted that growing the system wasn't important which to me suggests keeping it small. Small up to 100hp shouldn't be a problem on the stock equipment, though manual trans cars do use more fuel during a run.
If you're worried then get the big injectors and a re-tune for them.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by white2001s10
laughing at an 11.28 @119 pass? How can you do that?
Say aren't you that dumb hillbilly (Illinois hills?) that ran 11.0 @127 in 2400 ft DA and on 18" radials busting into the 1.7's 60 fts?

here's some real technical knowledge: learn how to drive!
get some tires or something.
haha

Original poster never said how big of a dry shot he planned in the first post, but hinted that growing the system wasn't important which to me suggests keeping it small. Small up to 100hp shouldn't be a problem on the stock equipment, though manual trans cars do use more fuel during a run.
If you're worried then get the big injectors and a re-tune for them.

Yeah, the one that sprayed 250 and couldnt get out of the 11's. Now that you say so I think he is. Funny he has all those excuses as to why he is still in the 11's
Old 02-15-2005, 06:46 PM
TECH Regular

Well to start out i apologize for the confusion from the earlier posts. When i was talking about doing injectors it was off the subject of nitrous. I was suggesting them just because he has H/C, not because he is planning on getting nitrous. If you guys thought i was referring to getting them because of the nitrous then you misunderstood what i was saying. Other than that i still say a wet shot, it is true i have very little expirience with dry shots but from what ive seen they dont usually put that amount down to the wheels, whereas a wet shot does put it to the wheels. An example is my friends SS did a 100 dry shot of NOS and it only dynoed 76 more horsepower. A different friend of mine also did a wet 100 shot of TNT and it ended up putting down 96 more horsepower than he previously had. Both of these cars where almost stock, just lids, filter, and cat-back exhaust, or cut-outs. This is ofcourse just what i have seen, and again apologize for the misunderstanding on what i was trying to explain earlier about the injectors.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:47 PM
Launching!

In case you were wondering where I got 250 from, right here:

Really now... then how am I doing a 250 shot dry on the stock injectors and pump? Just wondering how you got your numbers.

Of course any shop is going to tell you that you need parts... that's how they make money... selling parts. You are fine with a hundred through the MAF. When you actually run nitrous, you will find out quickly that the dry systems hit much harder and generally speaking you get more power out of a dry system given the same variables.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PewterWSSicc
Well to start out i apologize for the confusion from the earlier posts. When i was talking about doing injectors it was off the subject of nitrous. I was suggesting them just because he has H/C, not because he is planning on getting nitrous. If you guys thought i was referring to getting them because of the nitrous then you misunderstood what i was saying. Other than that i still say a wet shot, it is true i have very little expirience with dry shots but from what ive seen they dont usually put that amount down to the wheels, whereas a wet shot does put it to the wheels. An example is my friends SS did a 100 dry shot of NOS and it only dynoed 76 more horsepower. A different friend of mine also did a wet 100 shot of TNT and it ended up putting down 96 more horsepower than he previously had. Both of these cars where almost stock, just lids, filter, and cat-back exhaust, or cut-outs. This is ofcourse just what i have seen, and again apologize for the misunderstanding on what i was trying to explain earlier about the injectors.
The important question is: Were they the same size jet? NOS rates their jets as flywheel hp and tnt rates theirs as rwhp. Big difference. That is why you compare the same size jet, not two totally different kits.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Was your friend spraying the dry shot in front of a descreened MAF or a stock MAF?
Old 02-15-2005, 07:03 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah they where both 100hp jets. NOS and TNT probably arent a good example because of the different ratings i guess. One of the reasons i dont like NOS very much. And im pretty sure the dry shot was going through a descreened MAF. Well it was a stock MAF that he descreened himself.
So you guys do get what i was saying about the injectors now, right?
Old 02-15-2005, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TripleBlackRamAirT/A
Yeah, the one that sprayed 250 and couldnt get out of the 11's. Now that you say so I think he is. Funny he has all those excuses as to why he is still in the 11's
It was pathetic so he needs those excuses.
He exaggerates the 200 shot up to 250 shot sarcastically because some other people told him the orifice size of the nozzle was big enough to equal a 250 shot jet. So someone else actually started that.
He was only actually getting a 200hp gain, and it was far on the rich side still, even with 1000 psi bottle pressure.

Even a jet size doesn't automatically equal a certain N2O flow rate, or HP gain. A lot of factors can affect the flow rate. Some systems have more restrictions than others.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah they where both 100hp jets. NOS and TNT probably arent a good example because of the different ratings i guess. One of the reasons i dont like NOS very much. And im pretty sure the dry shot was going through a descreened MAF. Well it was a stock MAF that he descreened himself.
So you guys do get what i was saying about the injectors now, right?
yep,
That's correct if it was descreened.
Bottle size and pressure during those dyno runs could also be a factor.
It is also possible that the engine ran richer from the dry shot than it did from the wet shot... that would explain the difference in power.

A dry system with a .47 N2O jet using a 20 lb bottle at 1000 psi
will make a huge amount of power over a
wet system with a .47 N2O jet using only a 10 lb bottle and 1000 psi.

Reverse the situation with a direct port fogger using a 20 lb
vs the dry system using the 10 lb bottle, and things are much different.

There are many factors that can change the results... not to mention the fact that "kits" come in so many different forms as you said.