Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billet fuel rails and mounting fuel solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Billet fuel rails and mounting fuel solenoid

I'm going to be converting over to a wet kit from my 5177 kit and I was thinking that I still want to attempt to keep things hidden. One idea I had was to get billet fuel rails and mount the fuel solenoid on the back, under the cowl. I've never seen a billet fuel rail in person but I assume that since you can put the crossover line on the front or the back, that the rails are tapped at both ends. In theory, I should be able to just screw the appropriate fitting into the fuel rail and mount the fuel solenoid. Can this be done?
Old 03-11-2005, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Come on guys! I can't be the only person to ever think of doing this.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would like to know this as well
Old 08-16-2005, 09:05 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Ok, do both crossover in the front and the back... The one in the back you will build 2 short hoses... And in the middle use a male to male connector with an 1/8 npt port. This way you can build the lines to lay low and pull fuel from that point, making it easy to hide the fuel noid...
The reason for the front crossover so it looks like it is suppose to.. Now the front crossover does not have to fuctional it just needs to look the part.. But as far as hidden goes, the ones that have it figure out and down pat just do not give out the information. for good reasons...
Are you hidding it for cleanest,or trying to cheat.
The 2nd one you will only be able to get a way with 1 maybe 2 times and then all will know it is on the car... \
Ricky