Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TNT 150 gave me alot more..:)

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

you spray it on the street yet?

my nx 175 ended up being a 200 rwhp shot...so yea...theyre not perfect either.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a split duration cam , you think thats gonna kick hp over what I'm jetted for, it should.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TWINTURBORAMAIR
dyno'd my car this past weekend...heres the numbers.

n/a...393rwhp 380rwtq

tnt 150shot....582rwhp 595rwtq on stock heads and 224 cam.

thats 189rwhp and 215rwtq from a 150 shot
Nice #'s on the N2O...My TSP224R cam dyno'd 393rwhp 378Tq and also have a TNT kit itching to be sprayed...

Do you have any fuel system mods to help feed that 150? Also...is this through a window switch or FPSS?
Old 04-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy crap, Batman.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

In reference to TNT's kits producing more power than advertised, it was determined in a past discussion that TNT's kits do flow more nitrous and fuel than NX's at the same power level.

Josh
Old 04-02-2005, 09:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh
In reference to TNT's kits producing more power than advertised, it was determined in a past discussion that TNT's kits do flow more nitrous and fuel than NX's at the same power level.

Josh
which means the TNT kit is better
Old 04-02-2005, 09:56 PM
12 Second Truck Club

This is my opinion on jetting, regardless of the kit. The jetting numbers are approximations, not exact numbers. More than just the jetting comes into play, heads, cam, compression, exhaust, etc... So if you setup your kit with jets for a "150" shot and you put down 175 rwhp, then you really had a 175 shot. If you setup your kit with jets for a "150" and put down 125 rwhp, then you really had a 125 shot. The numbers don't lie, and recommended jettings are approximations. Robert56 explained it pretty good with the following.

Originally Posted by Robert56
Generaly, TNT is underated, NX is right on and NOS is overated. Imo, they do this because, TNT likes to be known as the most powerful, NX is quality based and says what it is and NOS has a tendency to be overly safe. But for the most part, all three if sending the same n2o with same a/f will make the same gains.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Josh
How was this determined? I've searched but didn't find a thread where this was tested. Just really curous, thanks.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Turo
How was this determined? I've searched but didn't find a thread where this was tested. Just really curous, thanks.
I should've chosen my words a bit more carefully in my original post. TNT kits don't necessarily flow more than NX kits, but they do use larger jets for equally rated shots.

This isn't exactly a test, but it is the most concrete evidence I've seen posted on this subject...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....4&postcount=33

Josh
Old 04-03-2005, 12:39 AM
TECH Junkie

I should've chosen my words a bit more carefully in my original post. TNT kits don't necessarily flow more than NX kits, but they do use larger jets for equally rated shots.

This isn't exactly a test, but it is the most concrete evidence I've seen posted on this subject...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....4&postcount=33

Josh
Thanks for the link, that pretty much answers my question.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:56 PM
11 Second Club

ok..lots of question..lol...hope i dont miss anyones..

fuel octane i was running was 94 sunoco. plugs are gapped at .35 TR6's

my fuel system consists of a Racetronix fuel pump kit and 30# injectors.

i am running NX's FPSS and ramchargers timing tuner.

i really didnt mean for any discussions to start over who kit is better, i was just sharing some incredible numbers....sorry guys..
Old 04-03-2005, 02:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

You were running only pump gas on a 150 shot! You must have back the timing down a bit. What was your spark? How about your mixture/m-volts?
Old 04-04-2005, 10:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

ok..lots of question..lol...hope i dont miss anyones..

fuel octane i was running was 94 sunoco. plugs are gapped at .35 TR6's

my fuel system consists of a Racetronix fuel pump kit and 30# injectors.

i am running NX's FPSS and ramchargers timing tuner.

i really didnt mean for any discussions to start over who kit is better, i was just sharing some incredible numbers....sorry guys..

What was your a/f ?
Old 04-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

I think TNT and NX have the very best kits on the market. I also know from experience that not all cars, motors etc will make the same hp levels as the next with the exact same jetting. My last NX kit was jetted for a 150 shot and I gained 189rwhp from it and well over 250 ft lbs tq. That was also running super fat on the tune, from the get go. I even went down 3 jet sizes smaller on the fuel from what NX recomended. I assumed it was from two things. First was my engine was set up as a nitrous combo from the start. I had way too large a head on the car, and I knew it would suffer on motor alone, which it did. And second was my fuel pressure. The jetting given was set up for stock fuel pressure, around 35-40psi. I had 60 psi and thats why it went so fat. What Im trying to say is, you cant judge a company, or think bad of them cause one particular car made more hp than the next, with the same jetting. Ive seen plenty of cars not make the advertised hp levels, and seen plenty make it plus more. If 150 rwhp is what your looking for then definitely, get it back on the dyno, and tune it to where you want it. Bigger noids,& lines will make a differance btw.
Steve
Old 04-04-2005, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The 25/42 jet sizes that were noted are no different than NOS's dual nozzle specs. I think the TNT nozzle design is superior and delivers better atomization of the mixture which facilitates more accurate N2O and fuel mixxture to each cylinder.

I'm not sure why they don't step down their jet estimates accordingly though. Perhaps they felt it would be better to list the same jet estimates as other nitrous manufacturers and "outperform them".

It would seem to me thought that it's not necessarily the amount of nitrous that is the danger, it's the overall horsepower that is added. So Spraying a TNT 150 that delivers ~190 would be as potentially dangerous as spraying whatever jets an NOS fogger would need to produce 190 except for the fact that the TNT mixture would be better and therefore lessen the chance of leaning out a particular cylinder. (IE: no. 7)
Old 04-04-2005, 05:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by David@TNT
What was your a/f ?
my air fuel was hovering around 12.4-12.8 throught the run.

timing is set at 25degrees...timing tuner pulls the timing on the nos runs.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:50 PM
11 Second Club

Cant you just take the nx pills and put them in the tnt kit and see what the hp difference is?
Old 04-04-2005, 08:18 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Tiger2o69
Cant you just take the nx pills and put them in the tnt kit and see what the hp difference is?
not sure about TNT jets, but I know NX and NOS jets are not interchangeable.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Magic Chicken
not sure about TNT jets, but I know NX and NOS jets are not interchangeable.
I put my old nx jets in the tnt kit and they fit some im sure they will work... I know there are factors like what each suggest the pressure to be ect.. but im sure something could be figured out to give an answer to this... I will try it as soon as I get my 2nd stage in.. which will be nx stuff.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

my air fuel was hovering around 12.4-12.8 throught the run.

timing is set at 25degrees...timing tuner pulls the timing on the nos runs.
To answer you question Twinturbo your numbers were higher because your a/f is leaner than what it needs to be, so that is the reason why your hp was so high and the tq was fairly low.. Did you upgrade the wiring harness for your fuel pump?? Also check your fuel piston out to make sure its fine..

Now to explain our rw ratings, if you take a completely stock LS1 "down to the paper air filter" and you put our kit on it, you will make right at the adv hp settings. A stock car is the only consistent control, you can't take in account what people are going to do there vehicles down the road and base your jettings off of a guess.. That has been our procedure since day 1 here on all TNT tests.. So when you throw a plethora of parts in the equation, then of course it is going to make higher and lower #'s than adv at times.. It has allways been our philosophy to make the adv setting to the tire.. If you take other kits out there and put them on a completely stock car, you might not be exactly happy with the results.. Im just not saying that we have tested every one elses kit, so go ahead and see what you get.. Now here is another reason why some cars seem to spike higher on the numbers, we prefer a much more moderate a/f.. The kit is pluged for a mid 11 a/f, so when you lean it out "insufficient fuel system" your hp #'s shoot up but the tq dives.. Now im sure some of you are wondering why the hell we would want it so fat?? Well on a stock bottom end with pimp little hyper pistons that are very heat sensitive, you need that extra fuel to keep those guys happy.. Fuel is an accelerant but it is also your heat buffer as well being considered a coolant.. So when you throw that extra fuel at it your egt's drop, while still makeing the same power.. But you do it at much lower risk of piston damage, with the added benefit of huge tq gains from that extra fuel.. So why doesn't everyone else do that?? Why is the the standard of nitrous a/f around 12?? I will tell you, and i'm sure you have seen it in every nitrous ad out there, superior atomization blah blah blah.. It's not rocket science here guys, if you take to water hoses, 1 @50psi the other @900psi and put them at a 90deg angle.. Do you really think the 50psi is going to comb sufficiently with 900?? The majority of the nitrous doesn't even see the fuel.. Now go look at your wet nozzle with its round orfaces and tell me that its fine.. Now you ask how are we any different?? By design, we are able to sheet the fuel at 50psi & 90 it with a 900psi sheet "picture 2 v's --<>--, you now have an even contact area for the fuel to distribute into the nitrous allowing you to through more fuel at it with the ablitiy to deliver it efficiently.. If you don't think it matters still, go look at the E1 & the "New" E2 Glidden nozzle, look what they are doing with the fuel side of the nozzle..They call it some revolutionary design, but we have been doing it for many years now.. Why doesn't everyone use our design, because we spent alot of money to patent the crap out of it, its our design period.. So that is the magical science behind TNT, because just about all companies out there use the same bottle suppliers, there is very little magic to lines, solenoids are the same, jets are metered holes.. The only real variance out there comes down to the quanity/quality of the parts you receive.. Some people think we use more nitrous than everyone else because we run 2 nozzles in our kit.. The only reason why we use a little more is to make to the tire what we claim, TNT brought rw rating to the nitrous industry, before us there was your typical flywheel ratings.. The ONLY reason we run 2 nozzles in our kits is for distrubution, so your motor stays alive.. Single nozzles have a bad tendency of coating one side of the manifold heaver than the other.. The reason why that is so bad is because if a cylinder takes more nitrous than the others,when it fires is it going to load the crank more than the other cylinders did, and if this happens too much then your crank will take undue stress leading to failure.. That is one of the reasons why a boosted motor can make more power on stock parts, due to all cylinders receiving equal portions..I promise you we would be glad to only give you 1 nozzle instead of the 2, but thats not how we do things here.. I also believe I read something about quality above, I laugh every time I read comments about quality.. We once made about 200 nozzles out of alum before comming to the conclusion that alum strips, breaks, looks like *** once a wrench has been on it.. So we concluded that alum sucks for nozzles in our opinion.. So since then our nozzles are made of 303-stainless!! Guys this is the same material that they make medical instruments out of, then they go through various machining processes one of which is time on a 5 axis mill.. For the machining gurus on here you have an idea of what time is involved in making a single nozzle.. On top of that with our economy the way it is, material costs have gone through the roof.. We take that loss and haven't added one cent to the kit price because of it.. We could cut costs dramatically by using alum because its cheaper and easier to machine, but why go backwards?? Ohh and I hope the non-TNT users are enjoying there quality chrome plated brass bottle nuts that flake, leak, strip, & break completely off, cause the TNT owners out there with there stainless bottle nut dont seem to have those problems.. So go quality that in my oppinion.. Then you look at what you get for you hard earned money, EVERY kit from TNT includes a stainless blowdown tube and cap standard, for your safety!! Now look at how many other companies consider that an accessory!! What kind of crap is that?? Last thing that I want to see if other nitrous companys out there can claim, all of our parts are built in the USA, with 1 exception our bottle valve that comes out of Italy.. We could cut costs even more buy using non-USA manufacturs but we have a 40ft AMERICAN flag that hangs in our shop that we are damm proud of !!.. So go ahead nitrous companies speak up if you run your operation the same way.. Unfortunately we don't have a huge advertising budget like others so it has taken much longer for us to grow but we did it off of referrals and our reputation.. But times are changing and the Good Lord had been very gererous to us this year so you will be seeing ALOT more of TNT in the future.. This is my.02, thanks for your time.

Last edited by David@TNT; 04-05-2005 at 01:52 PM.