Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about ordering this from Nitro Dave..

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Thinking about ordering this from Nitro Dave..

Part Number: NX-20109-10
Nitrous Express MAF plate system
Price: $ 904.64

*Direct MAF Replacement for LS-1 & LT-1 with Horsepower adjustability from 35 to 400 HP
*Billet 6061 T-6 Construction
*Easily converted to Dual Stage
*Dual "Shark" Nozzle Technology
*No modifications of the engine or intake system is required to install and use this system

God damn thats alot of money! Would this be a good beginner kit to start with? I see that it has the ability to upgrade later if need be.. I'm looking for another 80-100 rwhp, and i am sure this would be perfect. I am looking to put this on my Stock 96. Any suggestions???
Old 07-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Restricted User

Go with a smaller kit first, there is no need for you to put a 200-400 shot on a stock LT-1. Unless, later on, you plan on an all-forged built LT-1 motor. Give Dave or Joey a call and I'm sure they'll get you straight with a correct kit for your car. They are great people and easy to talk to.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:13 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

This is the kit I would recommend for the LT1. Currently on sale for $399.00 I would then use the extra $500 for a MSD Digital window switch, bottle warmer, FPSS, Fuel Pressure Gauge, purge kit, dinner for you and your significant other and still have money in your pocket! Dynotune quality and customer service is second to none! http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=110
Nothing to be taken away from the NX kit or Nitro Dave - both standup organizations. Just for your application I feel this would be your best bet.

Dean
Old 07-04-2005, 09:30 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

He's a good guy and I've bought a bunch of stuff from him.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Banned

do it do it!

you can always jet down.. but it is nice to be able to jet up. And the maf plate system is a double shot capable.

Sooo. this is the one I would get..errrr.. i mean I DO HAVE
Old 07-04-2005, 11:27 AM
TECH Junkie

I don't know much about the NX kits but just take a step back

do you really need the ability to go to 400hp?

Think of what size shot you'd want to do as your max and find a kit that'll do it, or slightly above. Thanks what i did
Old 07-05-2005, 09:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually,
The maff kit is by far the best system on the market in that catagory.Keep in mind that our prices are normly cheaper when called in.We have to advertise pricing at a certain price on our website.
You can not go wrong with the maff kit.It comes adjustable from 35-150 but will flow up to 250 on each side.
We also offer a single nozzle kit that will work great on your car.
Keep in mind that anyone can copy a single noozle syste,.However No one has copied the qualitly that is put into the NX systems.
Thanks
Dave
Old 07-05-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DynotuneN2O
This is the kit I would recommend for the LT1. Currently on sale for $399.00 I would then use the extra $500 for a MSD Digital window switch, bottle warmer, FPSS, Fuel Pressure Gauge, purge kit, dinner for you and your significant other and still have money in your pocket! Dynotune quality and customer service is second to none! http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=110
Nothing to be taken away from the NX kit or Nitro Dave - both standup organizations. Just for your application I feel this would be your best bet.

Dean
This kit looks like what i was looking to accomplish... I know close to nothing about nitrous.. i do have a few questions...

1. What type of modifications to the vehicle do i have to make?
2. What kind of safety features does this kit have? or should I look to get?
3. I hear about the initial lean spike? Scares me!
4. Are bottle heaters worth the $$$? Which is a "good" buy?
5. I would really like to have a pressure guage for the tank... is it possible to get the guage all the way to a pillar guage pod, or does it have to be on the tank?
6. When the pressure in the tank gets low, (cold weather or low nitrous), does it become unsafe to use? What pressure becomes unsafe to run with?
7. Say i'd have to use the pressure guage on the tank, is it still possible to have a electronic opener?
8. What is FPSS stand for? Advantages? where to get?
9. My car only has a cat-back exhaust system.. Is it essential to have a more free flowing exhaust? ex: headers? or will my loudmouth, and otherwise stock car be able to handle 100-150 shot no problem? I know headers would help performance, but i just dont have the $ now. Deciding between NOs, and headers right now...

Thanks for your help everyone, i really appreciate it!
Old 07-05-2005, 05:42 PM
Launching!

I'd like to add a question... what would it take to have two bottles set up? Either merging them or running two seperate lines...
Old 07-05-2005, 06:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RaRe99SS
This kit looks like what i was looking to accomplish... I know close to nothing about nitrous.. i do have a few questions...

1. What type of modifications to the vehicle do i have to make?
No permenant modifications to the vehicle should be required. You will need to run some wiring and nitrous/fuel lines etc... Nothing that can't be removed.

2. What kind of safety features does this kit have? or should I look to get?

Safety equipment is a good thing - window switch, FPSS, manual arming switch, WOT switch... Most kits only come with a manual 'arming' switch.

3. I hear about the initial lean spike? Scares me!

Lean=bad. Generally speaking, wet kits have less of a problem with lean spikes than dry kits do - because wet kits inject the fuel using an additional fuel jet, while dry kits rely on sensing the lack of fuel and then compensating for it with the fuel injectors pulse width. Fuel rail starvation is sometimes a problem for higher HP wet kits.

4. Are bottle heaters worth the $$$? Which is a "good" buy?

Yes, worth it, better and more consistent bottle pressure. I have the NX one.

5. I would really like to have a pressure guage for the tank... is it possible to get the guage all the way to a pillar guage pod, or does it have to be on the tank?

Digital gauges are more expensive but can be relocated.

6. When the pressure in the tank gets low, (cold weather or low nitrous), does it become unsafe to use? What pressure becomes unsafe to run with?

I wouldn't spray when it's under 850psi. You don't get nearly the performance and it will be super-rich (because you're still injecting the same amount of fuel).

7. Say i'd have to use the pressure guage on the tank, is it still possible to have a electronic opener?

Yes, I have a remote opener and a gauge on the tank.

8. What is FPSS stand for? Advantages? where to get?

Fuel pressure safety switch. It opens the circuit if the fuel pressure falls below a certain level. I got mine in my NX GenX upgrade kit, but lots of sponsors sell them.

9. My car only has a cat-back exhaust system.. Is it essential to have a more free flowing exhaust? ex: headers? or will my loudmouth, and otherwise stock car be able to handle 100-150 shot no problem? I know headers would help performance, but i just dont have the $ now. Deciding between NOs, and headers right now...

Spray will work great with your exhaust and be a much bigger performance increase, and it will work even better once you open the exhaust up. I'd start with a 75 shot and work my way up.

Good luck !
Rob (Bad30th)
Old 07-05-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

Bad30th: I appreciate all the time you spent to help me out! Thanks buddy!
Old 07-05-2005, 09:12 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Rob (Bad30th) did a great job. Let me just add some more info. Here is the FPSS http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=135 The DYnotune kits come with an arming switch and also a wide open throttle switch. You may want to look into a window switch also. We are waiting on our next shipment - I think Nitro Dave has them in stock.

Bottle heater you want to go with the Dynotune http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=17
It is 300 watts versus 240 for NX so it heats faster. The Dynotune is adjustable so you can pick the pressure you want to set it at. The Dynotune heater kicks back on when the pressure drops by 50 PSI so if it set at 1050 if the pressure drops to 1000 it kicks back on. The NX is preset at 1050 I think I could be off by 50 either way and then has to drop by 150 PSI before it kicks back on. The Dynotune adapter is stainless steel much more durable than NX. Dont get me wrong NX makes great products - if you go with one of their heaters you will be happy - Just not as happy
Good luck!

Dean