Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions Placement Nozzle(s) NX Wet Kit(Pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005 | 12:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

I like the DTE power Plate, as it looks trick. You have a pretty nice car and I would not put the nozzle(s) in the hose (if you want to know why I'll say). I also like the closer point of injection, as closer is better distribution, imo. Another alternative might be to install the nozzle from underneath in your plastic air bridge. Yea, it's funny how a basic kit can grow in price, but that's the cost of doing it right. Your going to have a good set-up when finished.
Robert
Old 07-16-2005 | 01:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Robert. That (under) the air bridge is agood idea IF I decided ot go in that way. I was all set with the DTE Power Plate, but I have heard from a few people that say they don't liek the design and placment??? Hmmmmmmmmmm
Old 07-16-2005 | 02:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Can you buy just the tNT Power Ring? I wish it wasn't purple
Old 07-16-2005 | 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

YES! You can buy it by itself. Just get with TNT or a sponser. Oh and they're not purple as of over a year ago. And they fit great and look great on the throttle body. You wouldn't be disapointed.
Old 07-16-2005 | 04:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yea, the TNT power ring is pretty trick also. NOS has a new plate coming out in the next few weeks, I heard/read.
Old 07-16-2005 | 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SDB
I have seen the DTE power plate and I think it is a piece of ****...IMHO. I have run the single nozzle NX kit on a Corvette, and GTO, works fine. I have a MAF NX kit on my Camaro, works great, clean install. I had the old NOS spray bar style plate on a C4, it tended to lean out cylinders pretty bad at higher hp shots (like the DTE would likely do). I like having the nozzles out a little further than an inch from the TB, as in the DTE and NOS plate systems. NX has the new style MAF kit that is VERY clean looking, but you can't easily dual stage it like the traditional MAF kit.

Get the GM MAF kit from NX and you will be happy.

SDB
I would love to know the reason why you are calling the DTE plate a POS. I want to know what I missed when I was using it for a year plus.
Too clean? Too close? Too??????
It does not mean anything to me now as I am direct port but just want to hear what the reason is. You are the first person I have ever heard that from!
Thanks for your reply.
Old 07-16-2005 | 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah,,me too about the DTE. What problem did you have specifically???

I was looking at that and now I am a bit scared off. Another person who I will choose to remain nameless also said that although, it likely works, he didn't like the design since it is so close.

Now I am still not sure what to do? That TNT Ring is the same principle, but it is a bigger area and a little further away from the intake.

WHO knows.................?????????????????

Sometimes analysis is paralysis

ALSO, does anyone know for sure that the NX Nozzles fit into the TNT Power Ring???
Old 07-16-2005 | 04:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Why do you guys think that being farther away from intake is better. Actually it's the other way around. Closer to intake ports the better.
Old 07-16-2005 | 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was a little worried about going so close, BUT, I KNOW I am not "coating" near as much area with fuel being that close. Personally, I do not want to spray from my MAF. This would mean gas coating the front bellow, the air bridge, the connecting bellows, the TB (and valve) and the intake. With spraying behind the TB only the intake see the fuel. It may not be an issue, but you can't tell me these items are not being coated which worried me (personally) so I went with the plate. There are many C5 owners spraying from the bellows, but the new NX system for the C5 I believe is the first system to spray that far away from the intake. Time will tell if this IS an issue. Of course this is just my Arm-chair engineering. I am sure (100%) the guys at NX would not sell a product that was dangerous just to use. I would trust them over me!
Old 07-16-2005 | 08:30 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 2001 Red Coupe Bandit
Can you buy just the tNT Power Ring? I wish it wasn't purple
Hahaha...mine is purple...I don't mind as it gives it character. I am using only 1 TNT nozzle for my setup as It think it's just ridiculous to split off the line. If I was going to shoot 300 or 400 shot-o-juice, I may use 2 nozzles.

I am 90% sure that the NX nozzles are 1/16 npt, similar to the N.O.S. nozzles, and the TNT nozzles are 1/8 NPT. I will check and post back with an edit. Hope that helps...

EDIT: the NX Pirahna Nozzles are 1/16 NPT and the NX Shark Nozzles are 1/8th NPT. So, depending on which nozzles you have, I think the Pirahna nozzles come in that kit, it will work.
Old 07-16-2005 | 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I bought the Dual Nozzle NX Wet Kit Dave had on special in June. I am not sure what it is at this point. Again, I will ask my installer what his opinion is since he has installed several on Vettes, but at least I know "AirWolf" ran the DTE Plate for over a year and it worked just fine for him so I like someone who has actually used the product and has real worls experience with a similar application vs. someone just giving me an opinion based on what they think will work (Still appreciate the opinions, but you know what I am saying). The TNT Power plate looks good too (and thats cool about the purple, I am not bashing at all). I have a Torch Red coupe, so a nice blue metal plate would look even cooler

I just want to do it right and also have a clean look, ala the DTE Plate, so whatever works that is clean, that's what I will go with. If somethign works BETTER and looks like ****,,then I will go with that!!! There is a delicate balance between the sability of the ultimate result. I am sure I can find an effective solution that is both functional and also provides a nice clean install.

Again, I bought a dual nozzle kit, but might just go with the single when I install it. Dave is going to send me the fitting that will allow me to go single when he ships the 2 items I am waiting for on Backorder which is just the BMN Window switch and the NX Electric Nitrous Gauge.

I just got that dual nozzle kit because ti was a good deal and again I am spraying 100 Shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more in the immediate future..

I appreciate it!

Thansk guys for all of your help and suggestions
Old 07-17-2005 | 02:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Airwolf
There are many C5 owners spraying from the bellows, but the new NX system for the C5 I believe is the first system to spray that far away from the intake. Time will tell if this IS an issue.
The new MAF system for 2001+ C5's with one-piece MAF sensors is no further away than the existing MAF system for 1997-2000 C5's and F-bodies with the older multi-piece MAF sensors. I don't think it's an issue as there are a number of C5 owners already spraying from the MAF location.
Old 07-17-2005 | 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys,

To illistrate again. Here is the DTE Power Plate I was looking at as an option for my nozzle placement:

Last edited by 2001 Red Coupe Bandit; 07-17-2005 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-17-2005 | 04:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by XTrooper
The new MAF system for 2001+ C5's with one-piece MAF sensors is no further away than the existing MAF system for 1997-2000 C5's and F-bodies with the older multi-piece MAF sensors. I don't think it's an issue as there are a number of C5 owners already spraying from the MAF location.
That may be so on exsisting units for the "older" C5's (have never personally seen it), but no way you can tell me the distance from the MAF to the TB on the C5 is no further away then on a F-body... You are joking, right? The distance is easily 10+ inches more for the C5.
Again, may not be a problem, but I would not want to coat that much area "outside" my engine with fuel. That's just me.
Thanks for the heads up on the older systems. I have only seen the MAF systems on F-bodies, I think it was a Gemini sytem (maybe).
Old 07-17-2005 | 05:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Airwolf
That may be so on exsisting units for the "older" C5's (have never personally seen it), but no way you can tell me the distance from the MAF to the TB on the C5 is no further away then on a F-body... You are joking, right? The distance is easily 10+ inches more for the C5.
Again, may not be a problem, but I would not want to coat that much area "outside" my engine with fuel. That's just me.
Thanks for the heads up on the older systems. I have only seen the MAF systems on F-bodies, I think it was a Gemini sytem (maybe).
Umm..........who's talking about F-bodies and who stated or even hinted that the distance from MAF to TB was the same between them and the C5? I was talking about MAF systems for and installed on C5 Corvettes, period. One C5 MAF system can't be any further away from the throttle body than another since the distance between them is the same regardless of the model year. That's all I was trying to say.

I only mentioned the F-body in passing because the existing MAF system can be used by both them AND 2000 model year and older C5 Corvettes as they both share the same multi-piece MAF sensor.

Actually, a good number of the Gemini Twin MAF systems have been sold to and are being used by 'Vette owners. I've recently conversed with several of them on Corvetteforum as I'm considering the system myself. However, I'll probably use a plate like the new NOS version with it because of the same concerns you have.

Last edited by XTrooper; 07-17-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-17-2005 | 05:26 PM
11 Second Club

P.S.- What is the source for the DTE plate? I'm not familiar with DTE. Thanks!
Old 07-17-2005 | 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is the source for the DTE plate for the C5

http://dynotech-eng.com

The NOS Maf Plate is in basically the same location as the NOS Plate, but the Nos Plate has (2) seperat locations, one for fuel and one for N2O, where the DTE Plate has 1 Hole that the Nozzle goes into. At least that is what it looked like in the pictures.

The DTE Plate has one hole and you just put the NX Shark Nozzle in it. I don't see why the DTE Plate would be any different than the NOS Plate?

i still need ot make up my mind and still am not sure which one is better safer etc.?
Old 07-17-2005 | 05:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2001 Red Coupe Bandit
This is the source for the DTE plate for the C5

http://dynotech-eng.com

The NOS Maf Plate is in basically the same location as the NOS Plate, but the Nos Plate has (2) seperat locations, one for fuel and one for N2O, where the DTE Plate has 1 Hole that the Nozzle goes into. At least that is what it looked like in the pictures.

The DTE Plate has one hole and you just put the NX Shark Nozzle in it. I don't see why the DTE Plate would be any different than the NOS Plate?

i still need ot make up my mind and still am not sure which one is better safer etc.?
Thanks!

I honestly don't see how one could be "better" or "safer" than the other being as, even if separated, they're only a matter of 1"-3" apart in these applications. Add to that the fact that a direct port system, allegedly the safest of all, uses 2-into-1 jets, then I don't see a problem with the DTE. This is just my opinion, of course, but if there is a difference, I'd like to hear the explanation as to why.
Old 07-17-2005 | 05:48 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

a friend had the DTE power plate, not as clean looking as the pics indicate, and did not work well. He went to a NX kit. I had the NOS plate system on a TPI motor, it leaned it out. I was told from some more knowledgable people than me (i.e., NX tech, NOS techs, etc) that the position was really to close to the TB to be optimal.

Also, there are a few cars that have had work done locally from DTE with very very poor results. Especially when it cam eto "nitrous tuning". Just my experience with some local people using this particular shop. I have nothing peronally against DTE, never had them do any work for me. Just saying that the single nozzle or MAF kit works great (for me).
SDB
Old 07-17-2005 | 05:59 PM
11 Second Club

I just visited the DTE site. What's the deal with the power steering-related parts? Does the power steering pump have to be relocated to use their plate?

Quick Reply: Suggestions Placement Nozzle(s) NX Wet Kit(Pics inside)