Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

offered here first. 90 mm ring (never used)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005 | 04:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BLOWNTRC5
Even so, if there is a design patented, you only need to change it by a certain percent to be legal.

Doug

Old 08-30-2005 | 07:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I must be missing something here. TNT patented their design on the ring, good for them. They spent the money and effort and now hope to get rewarded. Why be mad at them for doing what anyone who has a patent/trademark would do; protect their investment. Get off the soap boxes and grow up. This is how business works. Develop items and protect your market place. Hope that someone does not come up with a better mouse trap.
I also believe Dave DID handle this professionally too. He stopped making the item when notified to do so. He explained "why" he does not make them any more. Unless TNT has an agreement for Dave to NEVER discuss the terms, then no foul. TNT should have thought of that if they don't. That would be professional covering all bases, like the patent.

This is just 2 companies doing business. If you feel either one is doing something "wrong", I think you should think again placing yourself in either situation. Too many people seem to be mad when others make money coming up with an idea first.... If it gets you that upset then make something better! Plenty of others have done the same, including Enzo Ferrari!

Let me get off my soap box now before I fall and get hurt. Thanks for letting me vent. Flame suit on!!!! Sorry for the thread hi-jack. Hope the ring sells!

Last edited by Airwolf; 08-30-2005 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-30-2005 | 11:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im sorry to have offended everyone.. So to help yall out I will give $150 for 1 new Nitro Dave & HPE power ring as well as an extra $25 for the eledged "hijack" inconvience.. I will definately keep out of "others" hair from now on, thanks David@TNT..

Last edited by David@TNT; 08-30-2005 at 11:56 PM.
Old 08-31-2005 | 12:03 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by David@TNT
Im sorry to have offended everyone.. So to help yall out I will give $150 for 1 new Nitro Dave & HPE power ring as well as an extra $25 for the eledged "hijack" inconvience.. I will definately keep out of "others" hair from now on, thanks David@TNT..
David,
I do not understand what is up with you guys.I have kept this real professional.I only posted what I did so rumors would not fly.I did not bad mouth you in any way.Settle down.As far as the 90mm ring you guys are now offering.Since it does not fit any thing other thatn the GM throttle body what is your fee for machining it to fit the Fast or nickwilliams throttle body?I had someone ask me but I had no idea.
Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 08-31-2005 at 12:12 AM.
Old 08-31-2005 | 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

David I'm pretty sure Payton has already sold his and mine is not new. I fully understand both you and Nitro Daves positions and wasn' trying to start anything.

Originally Posted by David@TNT
Old 08-31-2005 | 12:45 AM
On The Tree

isnt there a red anodized version made by another company? saw it today on a site, cant remember whos.
Old 08-31-2005 | 08:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Oh so after I buy the thing you offer more than I paid. Well if the seller changes his mind after I sent the cash I am going to be more than a little pissed at TNT about this. I see this all going in a bad direction! Funny part was that I wanted a F2 kit to go with it but I think I just changed my mind.
Old 08-31-2005 | 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
As far as the 90mm ring you guys are now offering.Since it does not fit any thing other thatn the GM throttle body what is your fee for machining it to fit the Fast or nickwilliams throttle body?I had someone ask me but I had no idea.
Dave
Dave I believe they do it at no cost. You just have to tell them when you order it which TB you are using.
Old 08-31-2005 | 08:53 AM
Staging Lane

Default ring

Wow, a lot of stuff going on here.

YsoFast you ring is in the mail, no need to worry about me backing out.

Did not mean to stir things up. Just heading in another direction with my 69 Camaro and needed to sell a few things. Not really worried about the thread as I accomplished my goal of selling my ring and it appears I provided a forum for everyone to set the record straight.

Payton