Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Product!!! Progressive Nitrous Controller

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 01:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup. You'll be able to start spraying sooner since it's a progressive controller. If down the road you need a second stage or extra solenoid controll you can always add those features on. The controller is modular by design, so you can buy it configured one way and down the road it'll grow with you.

Matt

Originally Posted by ta_silver_bullet
matt do you think this controler would be worth it even if ur doing a small shot for now(100-175shot)? it still does the small things you need for safety but you could always add on i think if you go bigger in the long run. what are your thoughts on this

-Chris
Old 09-08-2005, 01:08 PM
FormerVendor

No, it dosn't pull timing. It sends an output to activate another device to pull timing.

Matt

Originally Posted by Z284U2TRY
Dag it doesn't pull timing? I thought it says it does. You had me selling my timing tuner to get one of these. hahah that sucks.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive been lucky enough to have seen this product in action in person and it works great!!! the display is awsome. it'll be getting installed on my car within the next few weeks so ill keep everyone informed on how its doin.

great product...keep up the good work!!
Old 09-10-2005, 09:25 PM
FormerVendor

Good job on the MPH Friday night.

Originally Posted by TNTramair
ive been lucky enough to have seen this product in action in person and it works great!!! the display is awsome. it'll be getting installed on my car within the next few weeks so ill keep everyone informed on how its doin.

great product...keep up the good work!!
Old 09-13-2005, 08:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
Good job on the MPH Friday night.
THANX!!! ...need to work on the launches...going back this week...
Old 09-13-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I want to know how user friendly your system is when wiring up the controller and programing it. Also, is this unit dependable and stable without defects? Thanks.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:44 PM
FormerVendor

PM me your email address and I'll send over the instructions in the next day or so. The Edge is very dependable, just like all the other products we carry.

Matt

Originally Posted by Cliff
I want to know how user friendly your system is when wiring up the controller and programing it. Also, is this unit dependable and stable without defects? Thanks.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
PM me your email address and I'll send over the instructions in the next day or so. The Edge is very dependable, just like all the other products we carry.

Matt
PM sent.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:16 PM
FormerVendor

Sent a PM back to ya.

Matt

Originally Posted by Cliff
PM sent.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does this thing have a generic WBo2 input for AFR monitoring and cutoff, or do you have to use a proprietary WBo2? This is one reason I have not yet purchased "the other guys" unit. Also get this bish to retard timing and you'll have a real winner...Personally I'll just hook it up to a relay and resistor in parallell with my IAT, and use HPtuners to pull timing at said IAT, but never the less you would sell a WHOLE lot more if it could pull timing.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:51 PM
FormerVendor

Yup, you DON'T have to run a proprietary WBo2. It'll work work with just about any wideband unit on the market. We have some very cool features coming in the next update of The Edge.

Matt

Originally Posted by WS6snake-eater
Does this thing have a generic WBo2 input for AFR monitoring and cutoff, or do you have to use a proprietary WBo2? This is one reason I have not yet purchased "the other guys" unit. Also get this bish to retard timing and you'll have a real winner...Personally I'll just hook it up to a relay and resistor in parallell with my IAT, and use HPtuners to pull timing at said IAT, but never the less you would sell a WHOLE lot more if it could pull timing.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

do you have the physical dimensions of the unit yet?
Old 09-22-2005, 10:34 PM
FormerVendor

Oh yea, if you asked before sorry for not getting back to you. The unit is:

4.5" x 2.5" x 1.25"

So it isn't too big and it can be easily mounted.

Matt

Originally Posted by Zeus
do you have the physical dimensions of the unit yet?
Old 09-22-2005, 10:52 PM
TECH Regular

so it no worky in the ash tray

hmmm.... I guess the only place I could think to mount it would be the the forward most part of the console, but you'd have to cutout the entire plate that holds the tray and cig lighter.

I know it's too late now, but if you guys ever revamp the unit, you might want to consider seperating it into a control box and a display unit on a remote harness. That way you could hide the bulky box and the wires associated with it under the dash, and put the LCD screen any where you wanted.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:05 PM
FormerVendor

Yeah, she isn't going to fit in there. The Edge is 3 separate units; one is the main display (that I gave the dimensions for) that has 2 buttons on it. It connects to an "Electrical Break Out Box" that has all your connections. Then you have the last component, which are the solenoid driver(s).

A lot of the guys in the 4th gens are putting it down by the TCS and in the glove box. The main connection to the break out box is long enough so you can pull her out and make changes easily. We'll have some vehicle specific mounting brackets coming out shortly too.

Matt

so it no worky in the ash tray

hmmm.... I guess the only place I could think to mount it would be the the forward most part of the console, but you'd have to cutout the entire plate that holds the tray and cig lighter.

I know it's too late now, but if you guys ever revamp the unit, you might want to consider seperating it into a control box and a display unit on a remote harness. That way you could hide the bulky box and the wires associated with it under the dash, and put the LCD screen any where you wanted.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:25 AM
TECH Regular

guess you're two steps ahead of me then. Anyways, are the vehicle specific brackets going to be for the locations you described (TCS or glove box) or do you guys not know yet?
Old 09-23-2005, 12:35 PM
FormerVendor

More then likely they will be. We haven’t started development on them for the 4th gen yet, so it's a bit up in the air. Another option we're looking at is a universal bracket. It would allow you to easily bend certain sections of the bracket so you could mount The Edge were ever you wanted it.

Matt

guess you're two steps ahead of me then. Anyways, are the vehicle specific brackets going to be for the locations you described (TCS or glove box) or do you guys not know yet?
Old 09-26-2005, 02:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

another question for you matt.... does this remember more than one set up? Say I want it set one way for street tires and another for slicks etc etc, or will I have to reprogram it each time? Sorry if you lready answerd this and I made the bonehead move of missing it.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think he said you can store 3 settings in it
Old 09-27-2005, 01:26 PM
FormerVendor

Hey Josh,

ramairstyle00 is correct, you can save up to three (3) different set ups with The Edge. So say you have one set up for the track (or going from a dig) and another set up for going from a roll and so on. You can easily change between the three in less then 10 seconds.

Matt

Originally Posted by XJOSHX
another question for you matt.... does this remember more than one set up? Say I want it set one way for street tires and another for slicks etc etc, or will I have to reprogram it each time? Sorry if you lready answerd this and I made the bonehead move of missing it.