Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need new nitrous set up

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 09:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need new nitrous set up

Ok im currently running a nos 5177 kit and im not happy with it at all. I want to run the biggest shot possible for a stock motor (bottom end) Drive train is built to hold plenty of power i have enough fuel for the nos and if needed i will go with a stand alone kit. I have heard alot about the tnt kit putting down really good dyno/track numbers. my nos kit gave me 72 hp to the wheels and that was pilled with like a 180 shot. So i want the biggest bang without going DP because my funds are low. And if anyone needs a nos 5177 kit i will sell it for 450 + shipping with an extra selinoid and 4 lines for the lid + all jetting from 75-200 extra selinoid could be for purge or a second stage. Thanks for the help.

-Joe
Old 09-08-2005, 09:48 PM
TECH Resident

I'd say get a wet kit... TNT or NX. Keep what you have and get a conversion kit - fuel solenoids and lines and other little junk. I'm sure plenty of the sponsors have them, but the first one who comes to mind is Dave. (I've been ordering tons from them lately...)

-somebody
Old 09-08-2005, 11:13 PM
FormerVendor

A conversion kit is the way to go if you're looking to make a change on a budget. We offer both single and dual nozzle dry to wet conversions. Here is a link to our single nozzle set up:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=337&page=1

Matt
Old 09-09-2005, 02:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1999TransamWs6
Ok im currently running a nos 5177 kit and im not happy with it at all. I want to run the biggest shot possible for a stock motor (bottom end) Drive train is built to hold plenty of power i have enough fuel for the nos and if needed i will go with a stand alone kit. I have heard alot about the tnt kit putting down really good dyno/track numbers. my nos kit gave me 72 hp to the wheels and that was pilled with like a 180 shot. So i want the biggest bang without going DP because my funds are low. And if anyone needs a nos 5177 kit i will sell it for 450 + shipping with an extra selinoid and 4 lines for the lid + all jetting from 75-200 extra selinoid could be for purge or a second stage. Thanks for the help.

-Joe
Obvisously you have a problem, or just don't know what your doing. To blame a kit for only a 72 hp gain when jetted to 180 is the most rediculous statement I have heard in a long time. I give you so many examples of that kit putting down as big of numbers you want upto 300hp. Have you ever really tuned your set-up? Somebody should grab this kit up, as he has more $$ to spend and doesn't need it, and you can easely knock a sec off your ET with a 100rwhp shot. Look what I am running with an absolutly bone stock long block, not even headers????
Robert
Old 09-09-2005, 08:43 AM
10 Second Club

Tell me what could be wrong then? It was tuned by jeremy furnado with the kit the pills were a 39 and a 36 which is about 180 shot considering 2 36 is 150 shot (as per NOS tech line) my et dropped a full second before heads and cam and drops 8 tenths now with the set up but that was with 32 jet in it. I dont understand why bigger jets and almost double the spray would net me no more mile per hour or ET. So tewll me what could be wrong? Everything was checked by jeremy furnado due to the low hp numbers but im sick of trying to figure this kit out i guess track times show a good improvement but dyno numbers are horrible. I see 150 kits putting 150 rwhp down which is double what i am and yes dyno numbers are nothing but if im truly making 477 on juice and got a new kit and made say 540 then obviously track numbers would be better too because more HP better numbers with all other things accounted for (traction, weather etc.) So you tell me what should i do to check my situation? I have all wireing correct (per directions with kit)double checked, All hoses are not kinked and everything is right ive double checked and triple checked it all with the help of several people so if you know something i dont please tell me.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you do not work the problem out with the dry kit and want to go wet to pick up better performance gains.I suggest selling that system and buying a new NX system.We offer a conversion but then your still stuck with those crappy NOS solenoids.A simple single nozzle NX kit will do what you are wanting or a Maff kit.THere solenoids in both these kits will actually flow up to 300 HP so it will do what you have now and accomidate you in the future.
Dave
Old 09-09-2005, 09:28 AM
11 Second Club

yeah..something isnt right with the system....your dyno numbers on the juice are very low on a 180 shot. system may not be sprayin right, or comin on for that matter. check my numbers on a 150 shot and it still has stock heads and bottom end. i am a m6 but the your numbers are so far and between where they are supposed to be that the differance in transmissions isnt really an issue here.
hope ya get it squared away but i would look into checkin to see what the problem is before you condem the system itself...goodluck.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

First Jeremy Formato is a well respected mech/tuner and I believe the problem dosen't fall there. Well here's the problem as I see it. First, your jetting is for aprrox a 100rwhp hit, using 36/39 jets, where you got 180, as dual .052's is 170rwhp, I don't know? Also, these numbers are on paper directed to more of stockish set-ups, as you increase your Volumetric Efficancy this approximation becomes more scewed. If you have a scan tool, check your injector duty cycle and jet that bad boy up, that's all. Now, even if you go past the rec 80% duty cycle for a short 1/4 run you will not hurt anything, just try to stay away from going static. It is not a DRY issue but rather a tuning issue, meaning, jet it to the hp you want, as long as fuel system can keep up. You jet that kit to 100rwhp and I'll bet you a beer you get close to your 1-sec off the 1/4. Remember NOS rates at crank, so there actual numbers on a dyno do not match.
Robert
Old 09-09-2005, 01:17 PM
10 Second Club

thanks even still my stock noids only hold 175 from my understanding and i dont reall want to max them out. i know its not a DRY problem becauswe people put bad *** numbers down with them . Also i think ill do that with checking the duty cycle to go as much as i can do you think 170 rwhp (2 52's) will be too much for stock bottom end on my 5177 kit if so ill put the 52's in next time i go to the track and watch my A/F. is this a good idea? or just get a new kit?
Old 09-09-2005, 04:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1999TransamWs6
thanks even still my stock noids only hold 175 from my understanding and i dont reall want to max them out. i know its not a DRY problem becauswe people put bad *** numbers down with them . Also i think ill do that with checking the duty cycle to go as much as i can do you think 170 rwhp (2 52's) will be too much for stock bottom end on my 5177 kit if so ill put the 52's in next time i go to the track and watch my A/F. is this a good idea? or just get a new kit?
I have run upto 200hp shot on my stock bottom end. There is a way around the 150/175 noid max with the 5177. The blue fitting that holds the two noids together can be used for the main supply line in. Then you run one line out of each noid to a dry nozzle. Now you can get to the the 300+ area with your kit. You can also split the noids up and do a dual stage, which is easier on your stock motor, compared to a one in all hit cncerning the torque. i don't think you'll max your 42lb injectors, checking a/f is a good idea, but will only show lean if you go way over the injectors capabilitie. You have a good fuel pump, injectors and tune was done by someone who knows, so logging is a precautionary thing to do, your choice. Good luck, you'll get it, just stick with it.
Robert
Old 09-09-2005, 06:13 PM
10 Second Club

thanks alot im going to get my car together and go back to the track and see how it goes ill go bigger jets and log the runs for a precaution thanks for the help guys!
-Joe
Old 09-09-2005, 10:28 PM
11 Second Club

I second the opinion that Jeremy Formato is hard to beat with tuning.

You'll get this worked out
Old 09-09-2005, 11:57 PM
TECH Addict

i'll jump on the wet bandwagon and tell you to ditch the 5177 and get a nx maf kit or tnt kit and have it tuned for a 150 shot and you will see atleast 130 rwhp at 12:0 afr with a safe timing curve.either way you go properly tuned 125+ should be attainable if the dry kit is actually 180.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by slow trap
i'll jump on the wet bandwagon and tell you to ditch the 5177 and get a nx maf kit or tnt kit and have it tuned for a 150 shot and you will see atleast 130 rwhp at 12:0 afr with a safe timing curve.either way you go properly tuned 125+ should be attainable if the dry kit is actually 180.
Evidently, you didn't read or do not understand what has been said. WET OR DRY, IF YOU WANT 150RWHP JET IT TO THAT NUMBER!
Robert
Old 09-10-2005, 11:20 AM
10 Second Club

yea im going to go to a dyno in a couple weeks and change jets to set it to 150 rwhp to see how it does. Hope it works out for me.